Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just want to Say FORGET IT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just want to Say FORGET IT

Hello my Fellow “MyFico” cohorts,

i just wanna Say this is pretty much my last ditch effort, looking for advice, and guidance, when it comes to this credit man. I’ve been searching and searching around the net for quality advice, and I ended up stumbling on this forum. 

1.) I’m 34 years old, Struggling. (Not By Choice)

2.) I’m a Junior, and I’ve been dealing with the effects of my father using my name, and killing my credit before I can even enjoy the fruits of it.

3.) My Credit is in Bad Bad Shape, the only thing I’ve ever been able to to get is a freaking cell phone, with a large deposit down.

4.) According to my Credit/Debt I’m around $8,500 

5.) Around 4 thousand of it is Child Support that I’ve always paid on time, out of my Check from work, but when I check my credit it shows no payment, I went to court and disputed this non-sense, and these people pretty much told me the money doesn’t come in before the new month comes, but I argue your still getting the money. So why haven’t my accounts been updated. It’s just a whole lotta back and fourth b.s., it’s tiring and draining. I’ve even tried to come to a set amount with my child’s mother, in which she refused to accept, I’ve even lost out on jobs because I owed these people less than $100 dollars in total before she took me back to court to increase this god forsaken judgement with lies and no proof. 

6.) I can’t even get a (SECURED CREDIT CARD), yes you read me right (A SECURED CREDIT CARD) that I’ll put money on, just to try and boost my credit rating. 

7.) Transunion shows my score around 602, while Equifax is around 540.

8.) I’ve even tried ordering all my Credit Reports through the Annual Free Credit Report site. And for some god forsaken reason Equifax, will not give me a copy, They’ve asked me to mail in a copy of my Identification, Social, Utility Bill, I’ve done all they ask, and they still tell me they refuse to let me see my information because they don’t think it’s me. (Very Very Frustrating)

9.) I just need HELP HELP HELP PLEEEEEEEEASE! Banks won’t touch me, I never owned a house, or had credit card limits, 

10.) I’ve had stuff like a Internet Bill, or Cell phone bill that’s it. I know that there’s people out here with far worse problems than I have, and I’m all about helping people. I’ll give someone my last just to make sure they’re ok, and I’m able to manage.

11.) it’s just hard, I’ve begun saving money, but bills, rent, my mother needing things etc, plus my two children. It makes me want to say forget it all man. I’m just tired. I see people all the time scamming this credit stuff, but I refuse to take that route because I want to do it correctly. 

12.) I’m currently looking for a Vehicle, I have a suspended license due to the amount of Child Support Owed, I have a hospital bill in collections that’s over 2k because I tore my rotator cuff...

Just please if anyone can just guide in the right direction, I’ll truly appreciate it a lot.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Just want to Say FORGET IT

1) You aren't alone in your struggles. 

2) Put fraud alerts on all three CRAs and/or freeze them. It'll make it a PITA to open a card but it'll make it harder for him to use your information. If he's committed fraud in your name, the only way to get those off will be to bring the police into it because you'll need a police report to show the CRAs to get the information removed. 

3) Credit is temporary and can change with some work.

4) List ALL accountsbyou have, amounts owed and total credit lines on each

5) Figure out a way so you can start paying on time. Your credit score needs all the positive credit it can get. 

6) Open sky is a no credit check secured card. Have you tried them? 

7. Are these true FICO score? Scores from credit karma are NOT true scores. Credit check total is a $1 for a week trial (cancel immediately upon getting your FICO score and credit reports) so you can find out exactly where you stand.

8) Not sure on this one, Equifax is messed up as it is

9) See ABCD2199s Guide to Rebuilding. It's has some solid information.  

10) That's good, but take care of yourself first, which includes your credit

11) Doing the right thing is almost always harder than taking the easy way out. Stay with it. 

12) Call the hospital and ask them if they have a program for people who can't afford their bill, and see if they'll recall the collection. I can't think of the name of that kind of program. You are going to get a horrible car loan if you try now, which will only make things worse - plus, suspended license so it makes no sense to try for a car right now.

You can do this, but it's going to take some work. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like you're in a situation where you don't earn enough.  We've all been there, I've been there twice in my life.

The only solution is work more.  It's the holiday season so part time work is readily available.  24-hour WalMarts offer part time work up to 30 hours a week working late night.

If you have time for entertainment, stop that.  Work more hours.  Take the bus to jobs or a bicycle.

If you're only $8500 in the hole, at $12 an hour you can get there in just 1000 hours of extra work -- if you can put in 24 hours a week, a year from now you'll raise enough money to cover your debts.

Then after you've covered your debts, work an extra year and put $8500 into emergency savings so you never get in this situation again.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bevis?

I can see already why you've got issues with everyone -- you're ignoring the person who is causing the most grief in your life.

If you're behind on payments it's probably because one of your payments didn't get funded but the future auto withdrawals were.  So ask for an audit of payment requests and payments made and if you're behind by 1-2 payments, just catch up.  

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You, I truly appreciate the advice, I’m about to look into those ways of helping myself with what you’ve shared with me... Thank You. 

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank You, I truly appreciate the advice, I’m about to look into those ways of helping myself with what you’ve shared with me... Thank You. 

Another place you might look into is SDFCU (State department federal credit union) You can qualify for membership by joining the American Consumer Council. If they approve you for membership, you can get a secured card from them, with no credit check. They do pull for membership, but don't let that stop you from applying anyway.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Bevis?

I can see already why you've got issues with everyone -- you're ignoring the person who is causing the most grief in your life.

If you're behind on payments it's probably because one of your payments didn't get funded but the future auto withdrawals were.  So ask for an audit of payment requests and payments made and if you're behind by 1-2 payments, just catch up.  

I wasn’t replying to you “ABCD2199” with that statement. I apologize. I was replying to the Shenron person who told me to pay my support on time. But honestly I don’t have issues with everyone, I’m an extremely logical and ethical person. I just don’t like when someone tries to belittle me for something where I’ve tried to exhaust all options. 

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Bevis?

I wasn’t replying to you “ABCD2199” with that statement. I apologize. I was replying to the Shenron person who told me to pay my support on time. But honestly I don’t have issues with everyone, I’m an extremely logical and ethical person. I just don’t like when someone tries to belittle me for something where I’ve tried to exhaust all options. 

Shenrons post was inappropriate and not within the forums FSR guidelines. It has been reported to moderators.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Adkins wrote:

1) You aren't alone in your struggles. 

2) Put fraud alerts on all three CRAs and/or freeze them. It'll make it a PITA to open a card but it'll make it harder for him to use your information. If he's committed fraud in your name, the only way to get those off will be to bring the police into it because you'll need a police report to show the CRAs to get the information removed. 

3) Credit is temporary and can change with some work.

4) List ALL accountsbyou have, amounts owed and total credit lines on each

5) Figure out a way so you can start paying on time. Your credit score needs all the positive credit it can get. 

6) Open sky is a no credit check secured card. Have you tried them? 

7. Are these true FICO score? Scores from credit karma are NOT true scores. Credit check total is a $1 for a week trial (cancel immediately upon getting your FICO score and credit reports) so you can find out exactly where you stand.

8) Not sure on this one, Equifax is messed up as it is

9) See ABCD2199s Guide to Rebuilding. It's has some solid information.  

10) That's good, but take care of yourself first, which includes your credit

11) Doing the right thing is almost always harder than taking the easy way out. Stay with it. 

12) Call the hospital and ask them if they have a program for people who can't afford their bill, and see if they'll recall the collection. I can't think of the name of that kind of program. You are going to get a horrible car loan if you try now, which will only make things worse - plus, suspended license so it makes no sense to try for a car right now.

You can do this, but it's going to take some work. 

Hi Adkins, and thank you again, for just giving me somewhere to look. 

I just did the Credit Check Total. 

My my scores are even lower than expected. 

Experian: 513

Transunion: 492 

Equifax: Refuses to let me see my report.... 

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have deleted a post that violated the site's standards for posting as described here: Friendly, Supportive and Respectful

You can provide advice, even disgaree with a poster but you must do so in a polite and respectful way. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Irish80
MyFICO Moderator

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.