Did you mean: 

Just want to Say FORGET IT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just want to Say FORGET IT

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank You, I truly appreciate the advice, I’m about to look into those ways of helping myself with what you’ve shared with me... Thank You. 

Another place you might look into is SDFCU (State department federal credit union) You can qualify for membership by joining the American Consumer Council. If they approve you for membership, you can get a secured card from them, with no credit check. They do pull for membership, but don't let that stop you from applying anyway.

Ok I’m going to try it out. Thank You

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Adkins, and thank you again, for just giving me somewhere to look. 

I just did the Credit Check Total. 

My my scores are even lower than expected. 

Experian: 513

Transunion: 492 

Equifax: Refuses to let me see my report.... 

Thats about where mine were when I started working on them in 2014. I got them up to ~620 in around 18 months, and was able to purchase a house last year. After my BK this year (kept house and car), they were all back to ~500 again. Working them back up  - EQ just broke 600 when an old collection was removed at the beginning of this month. Once I hit 700 (mid 2019 or so) I'll try to refi into a new mortgage and pay everything else off.

Message 12 of 14
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

1) You aren't alone in your struggles. 

2) Put fraud alerts on all three CRAs and/or freeze them. It'll make it a PITA to open a card but it'll make it harder for him to use your information. If he's committed fraud in your name, the only way to get those off will be to bring the police into it because you'll need a police report to show the CRAs to get the information removed. 

3) Credit is temporary and can change with some work.

4) List ALL accountsbyou have, amounts owed and total credit lines on each

5) Figure out a way so you can start paying on time. Your credit score needs all the positive credit it can get. 

6) Open sky is a no credit check secured card. Have you tried them? 

7. Are these true FICO score? Scores from credit karma are NOT true scores. Credit check total is a $1 for a week trial (cancel immediately upon getting your FICO score and credit reports) so you can find out exactly where you stand.

8) Not sure on this one, Equifax is messed up as it is

9) See ABCD2199s Guide to Rebuilding. It's has some solid information.  

10) That's good, but take care of yourself first, which includes your credit

11) Doing the right thing is almost always harder than taking the easy way out. Stay with it. 

12) Call the hospital and ask them if they have a program for people who can't afford their bill, and see if they'll recall the collection. I can't think of the name of that kind of program. You are going to get a horrible car loan if you try now, which will only make things worse - plus, suspended license so it makes no sense to try for a car right now.

You can do this, but it's going to take some work. 

Hi Adkins, and thank you again, for just giving me somewhere to look. 

I just did the Credit Check Total. 

My my scores are even lower than expected. 

Experian: 513

Transunion: 492 

Equifax: Refuses to let me see my report.... 

Don't let your credit scores discourage you, rebuilding your credit is a marathon not a sprint. Expect at least two years to bring up your scores decently. You really need to reach a supervisor at Equifax, or someone with some clout, to get your report. I know your states attorney general can help with credit matters but I'm not sure if the Equifax situation is something they can help you with. You can  always ask, it doesn't hurt to do so. You aren't alone in your credit journey, we've all been there and done that. Keep pushing!  

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 13 of 14
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Don't forget to cancel the credit check total trial membership! 😀

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.