Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just want to vent

tag
themizlyne
Regular Contributor

Just want to vent

I have one last thing to fix on just one report and I will be mortgage ready.  Unfortunately, I am unable to pay it - and not because I don't have the funds.

In 2009 I came back from Iraq and was unable to return to my former job.  While waiting for VA to make a determination on my disability case, my family was just scraping by so many things weren't paid.  One of those was a timeshare with Worldmark.  The original balance was almost $11,000 and in 2009 it was $7777 (at least that was what was last reported to Equifax in late 2009). 

Thursday I met with a LO to see where I am and she said the only thing holding me back is that past due balance. 

I don't know what the current balance is since they "repossessed" the timeshare and there should be a credit for that and 4 years of interest on the remaining balance.  So, on Monday I called Worldmark to find out what I need to do to settle the account and I was told that I can't pay them because they cancelled the loan (their words).  They said I needed to call Pinnacle to handle my account.  They transferred me to Pinnacle and they have nothing on their books at all.  They searched by name, address, ssn, phone, and partial account number.

So - Worldmark has no sympathy (not that I blame them) and I have an account that I can't resolve.  I did dispute the reported balance since Worldmark said the loan was cancelled.  Now I wait. 

The problem is there is a foreclosure that I want to put an offer on and I can't until this is resolved.  There is already an offer on the table and the bank says I might have only two or three days until that offer is acted on.  Grrr.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Just want to vent

If Worldmark is reporting the balance, send them a DD

Edit: typo.
Message 2 of 6
themizlyne
Regular Contributor

Worldmark is the OC. Pinnacle is the CA (according to Worldmark) - no use sending a DV to Pinnacle because they don't have it.
Message 3 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I edited my previous post, typo. If the OC still has the debt, send a DD stating the I accuracy of their reporting/balance etc.
Message 4 of 6
Shawn_L
Established Member

I have a debt that went to Pinnacle too... Odd story with this is that I had payments set up to come up every month, and one month out of the blue it didn't post.  So I gave them a call and they had no record of me having a collection with them.  I told them my reference number and it was pulling up someone else's name.  I was worried that either my debt was sold off again or even worse that I was paying some fraudulent person that knew about my debt (I know crazy, but at this point I was worried that I just threw away all of the money I had already paid).  They even told me that they didn't do business with my OC.   It took them some time on hold, but they were able to find it in another one of their other databases.  I would make them look a little harder... I can PM the person I spoke with if you would like.

Message 5 of 6
themizlyne
Regular Contributor

Please pm me the name
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.