Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone with my credit rebuild process

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone with my credit rebuild process

THANK YOU EVERYBODY!! When I first started to fix my credit it was in the 500 credit score range. NOW its in the 700 range. Me and my wife just got approved for a mortgage refinance loan. I wasn't on the original loan, but thanks to yall, I had the score to do it!! I have several credit cards and a line of credit from my bank. It took a lot of obsessive compulsive like behavior to achieve what I have achieved, but it paid off. I still have one or two bad things on my cr, but they are very old and not really affecting my score. So, once again to the mods and everybody who helped my....THANKS!!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Re: Just wanted to say thanks to everyone with my credit rebuild process

wow from 500 - mid 700's?

thats crazy!!!

What all did you do to get them taken care of? 

Was it strictly GW's?

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never gw at all. Just found a really good dispute letter. The only problem I had was with a ca in California, Diaz and associates. He wanted yo play ass and when I sent him my letter, his tone really changed. Most of my stuff was 4 to 5 years old. The oc were hard ( still working on First Premier) but NONE of the CA's had any proof that I owed anything. Took about 4 months of daily work to get don't! My only concern now is that the CA's will sell the account and ill have to do some of it over again. But that's not a prob! Nobody could prove it the first time, they won't be able to prove it again!!
Message 3 of 11
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

i have all of my debts (except 2, disputing one 2210 debt right now and PFD on a 300$ one) have been paid, and all i have left to do is GW's .... its a sad long road.... 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes it is s sad road! !! BUT.... VERY worth it!! Anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to ask! Ill help in any way I can!!
Message 5 of 11
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

What a coincidence, I am looking for a good dispute letter...mind sharing Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 530
3-2013Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EXP 679 FAKO
Current Score (lender pull): TU 693 EQ 649 EXP 699 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow.  This is an amazing testimonial!  I have been trolling this site for a few weeks now and finally decided to join after reading your story, Railroader!  I'm currently working to rebuild my credit, and have had some success thus far.  I've raised my score by 20 points on all three bureaus over the last two months!  I'm currently in the upper 500 range and my target is the mid 700s.  I'm finding that this can be done, but like you said, it takes OCD like dedication and tenacity! 

If you have any techniques or advice, please share!  I'd love to pick your brain sometime!

Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 11
leesa88
New Contributor

would you mind sharing your DV letter ?

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

X2 on sharing...In the process of cleaning my wifes CR and a really good DV would be helpful in her case!

Congrats on the 700's!!!

Message 9 of 11
casmith1980
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Never gw at all. Just found a really good dispute letter. The only problem I had was with a ca in California, Diaz and associates. He wanted yo play ass and when I sent him my letter, his tone really changed. Most of my stuff was 4 to 5 years old. The oc were hard ( still working on First Premier) but NONE of the CA's had any proof that I owed anything. Took about 4 months of daily work to get don't! My only concern now is that the CA's will sell the account and ill have to do some of it over again. But that's not a prob! Nobody could prove it the first time, they won't be able to prove it again!!

you're not alone.  I have still fighting with them and I don't believe I'm getting anywhere.  Thank god it's cheap to send GW letters Smiley Happy

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.