Not applicable

KROSS/LIEBERMAN & STONE COLLECTIONS AGENCY - DELETED [Experian]

Start Date - July 4th, 2017 | TU=631 ; EX=641; EQ=619

Current - Aug. 12, 2017 | TU=671;  EX=651;  EQ=623
           CREDIT KARMA=TU=631;  EX=XXX; EQ=623

CREDITONE=    =TU=XXX; EX=651;  EQ=XXX

GOAL - Dec 31, 2017 | TU=701; EX=725; EQ=701 

---------

So I disputed 2 Medical collections I have with KROSS/LIEBERMAN & STONE CA on my Experian Report.  [I am also disputing with the other 2: TU & EQ].  

KROSS/LIEBERMAN & STONE deleted 1 of the 2 collections from my Experian report!  

I have 15/16 Collections, 14/14 for Medical Bills.  

Now on my Experian report, 2 other collections look like they were removed as well from my open disputes with RECEIVABLES MGMT CORP.  I have/had 3 Medical collections with RECEIVABLES MGMT CORP and now only 1 is showing up on Experian.

If 2 were deleted from RECEIVABLES MGMT CORP+1 from KROSS/LIBERMAN/STONE, I managed to remove $384 worth of Collections this week!

However my EX-FICO score only went up 2-points!   But at least 1 bad mark came off and possibly 3 all together!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: KROSS/LIEBERMAN & STONE COLLECTIONS AGENCY - DELETED [Experian]

If they are still within CRTP they can always be put back on the CR. If you wish to settle them here is the order to go after them.

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 2 of 9
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

KL&S will delete them if you pay them. I dealt with them a few months ago. They were very nice and easy to deal with.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is great to know!  Thank you.

How did you initally contact them about the PFD?

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE! Robot Very Happy

TU Deleted 3 collection accounts that I disputed!

This just leaves EQ to remove the 3 disputed accounts in this 1st round of disputes. I have had some good ground gained as 2 of the 3 CRA have deleted 3 collections accounts (TU & EX).

Also I managed to have 1 inquiry removed which brings me down to: 0 for EX; 2 for EQ and 0 for TU!

I have now begun to flood US BANCORP with GW letters to remove their inquiry.  

This is at the same time I have started sending GW letters to CreditOne to remove 2-30 day lates and 1-60 day late.  

If I have to use LL I want as much off my CreditReport as possible before I go down the paid route.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

According to my Experian Report I WAS down to 3 collections from 6 before my disputing but PRA (Portfolio Recovery Ass.) reported to TU AND EX when I disputed a previous Charge Off from an old Capital1 account.

Previous to the PRA dispute they were not reporting to EX or EQ, only TU.  However after the dispute they reported to EX!!!!  So now I have 4 collections on EX versus 6 before I started, so it is what it is.

My TU report went from 16 collections to 12. = 2 NON-MEDICAL, 10 MEDICAL 

My EX report went from 6 collections to 4. = 2 NON-MEDICAL, 2 MEDICAL

My EQ is unachanged at 15 collections. 14 MEDICAL, 1 NON MEDICAL

Out of the Orginal 16 collections, 14 are medical and 2 are non-medical.

Total Collections:

TU= $3465

EX= $3277

EQ= $3663

I have managed to have 1 inquiry removed from my report.

EX= O

TU= O

EQ= 2 - Down from 3 inquires

I have 2 Credit Cards=

1. CreditCard= 0 Balance / 4200 Limit

2. Credit Card= 355 Balance / 1150 Limit [ 2x30 day lates; 1x60 day late ]

Utilization Rate = 7%-8%

I have 1 Loan [Never Late]

$1800 left @ $310 per month.

------------

Current - Aug. 23, 2017 | TU=648; EX=585 EQ=637    <---- My CreditUnion made an error the week of Aug 16th and lowered my credit limit by 2700, however they reset it back to the correct amount 2 days ago.  Hence why my EX score dropped 43 points!

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update!

TU is now showing a collection that was removed! Smiley Sad  

Collections:

TU: 13 Collections

EQ: 15 Collections

EX: 4 Collections

The 3B's are showing that my payment to my one card is now reflected.  I owe $380 on that one card and $0 on the second card.  My Credit Utilization fell from 44% to 14% however my credit-union credit card still has not updated to the new 4200 Credit Limit (still showing 1500).  Once it does reflect the $4200 Credit Limit, my Credit Utilization will fall to about 6%.  So I hope there is another boost + this next week I will pay down the $380 to about $25-$75 which will add a few points.  Perhaps I will break 700 on at least 1 of the 3B's...  

Current - Aug. 27th, 2017 | TU=688; EX=609; EQ=680

GOAL - Dec 31st, 2017 | TU=701; EX=725; EQ=701

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay Kross,Lieberman & Stone emailed me back:

"

Sorry for the delay in my response. With regards to paying an account that is here, you can call in and speak to a representative, mail in your payment, or go online at kross.com (select make a payment at the top of the home page) and you can use your telephone number if you do not have your account number to pay the account. Or you can email me with more details and I can email you your account number and balance.

In general terms, accounts are updated in full every month to the credit bureaus. In our effort to assist consumers and accurately reflect the return of the account to our client which means we no longer have it- so in general when it is paid in full we update the items as paid in full and follow with a deletion request.  We are also very diligent with updating disputes and settled accounts (however, these do not get retracted).

We can also send an email receipt once items are paid and a letter that indicates will update the account balance to zero and request a retraction. Hopefully, this was helpful.

Thanks for your inquiry.

"

I have disputed 2 Collections with them.  TU & EX deleted 1 and both kept the other.  KLS sent me a letter with the open account saying how much is owed, account # and how to pay.

It's around $275.  Not very much.  I am going to contact the 3 CRB's and say that I no longer dispute this account and then do a paid-in-full and request that it is deleted.

but fwiw, KLS will request a deletion.

My question is will they do a deletion if the account was previously disputed but  no longer is disputed and is eventually paid in full?  I just emailed my contact at KLS and hopefully will get an answer soon.

----------------

Current - Aug. 31, 2017
                        MYFICO| TU=680; EX=609;  EQ=681

CREDITKARMA| TU=688; EX=XXX; EQ=672

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is yet another update:

I emailed KLS the question and this what they replied with:

"

Good morning!

The consumer does not have to remove their disputes in order to pay. We can accept payment and proceed with our process. On occasion one of the bureaus will remove a disputed account themselves and not alert us. We often will have consumers ask why it is on one report and not all three. We report to all three, and will request retraction from all three as we have no knowledge as to which bureau has taken it upon themselves to delete an item.

I hope that answered your question."

Current - Sept 2, 2017
MyFico | TU=687; EX=609; EQ=681
CREDITKARMA | TU=707; EX=xxx; EQ=692

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.