Contributor
labsxtwo

Keep Plugging Away, It Works!!!

Thanks to everyone here in helping me with my journey. I started out in January with TERRIBLE credit and today I have a NFCU credit card, a Walmart card, and an Amazon card. I'm very happy with these, now it is time to garden.

I couldn't have come this far without this forum!! I am still in a little shock and there's more baddies to be dealt with (Midland being one of them), but I continue to plug away and destroy a few trees in determination of earning great credit.

Thanks again to everyone who has positively contributed to these forums!

LIGHTNIN

Re: Keep Plugging Away, It Works!!!

Your Welcome. Congrats to YOU! !  Woo Hoo.gif

Thank you for sharing, your wonderful progress.

FICO's Oct 2013 TU711 EQ713 EX723~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Contributor
Misshopeful72

can I ask what were your scores when you started out? I think I have the lowest possible scores. LOL and congrats on the good credit!

EQ 480 02/27/12- EQ 617 05/02/12
TU 500 02/27/12 TU 585 05/01/12
All scores are myfico
Mega Contributor
LS2982

labsxtwo wrote:

Thanks to everyone here in helping me with my journey. I started out in January with TERRIBLE credit and today I have a NFCU credit card, a Walmart card, and an Amazon card. I'm very happy with these, now it is time to garden.

I couldn't have come this far without this forum!! I am still in a little shock and there's more baddies to be dealt with (Midland being one of them), but I continue to plug away and destroy a few trees in determination of earning great credit.

Thanks again to everyone who has positively contributed to these forums!

WTG!! Thats a great attitude to have about it!!

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Contributor
labsxtwo

Thanks for the replies. It does a soul good. There were times I was ready to give up! But I kept coming back here and reading, reading, and reading. I put my knowledge to good use and try to help others.
doddo72, I really have no clue, I was really too scared to check my scores after looking at my credit reports. I knew my scores would be horrible, so I didn't want to waste my money on purchasing my scores - I spent the money on postage, paper, and envelopes!!! :smileyhappy:  I do know my FACO scores were in the low 500s (I think one was 496). I hadn't done much to my credit since 2008 when I got divorced and my ex didn't pay the cards as ordered, so my reports have been quiet for 4 years. In the middle of February, I checked my EQ and TU FICO scores and they were 587 and 627. Some baddies have been removed since then, but now I have new lines of credit so I'm sure I'll be dinged.
I do know that I have 24 baddies on EX and now I am down to 7. My inquiries were zero until I started app'ing in late January.
If I could get rid of Midland for fraudulently reporting, I'll be estatic. I will deal with the others if I need, they are 4 years old and they may have to sit there :smileyhappy:
I just keep thinking of the little engine that could!!!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+