cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep Unproven Off My Credit

tag
markybbb

Keep Unproven Off My Credit

Last year I sent out a dispute letter for everything on my credit and within 30 days everything was removed because they couldn't prove it.

Fast forward 8 months and they all return one by one (not sure if its the same collection).  I once again did a dispute letter, and once again they are removed.

Is there a way to keep this off because it affects my credit score without me knowing when they come back.

Thanks!

Starting Score: EQ: 477---Trans: 437
Current Score: EQ: 503---Trans: 537
Goal Score: Above 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Keep Unproven Off My Credit

I'm assuming they are unpaid?  Secondly, why are you disputing?  Are they valid debts?

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Reinsertion of information deleted as a result of lack of verification of its accuracy in a dispute is governed by FCRA 611(a)(5)(B).

If deletiion resulted from lack of verificaition of the accuracy of an item of information, that is not an absolute bar to its subsequent reinsertion.

It stands as unverified reporting.  A party can report reinsertion of the information, but must first provide to the CRA a statement of accuracy of the information.

The CRA must receive that pre-certification before they can reinsert.

That requirement applies to any party requesting reinsertion of the information, and not simply to the party who had previously reported.

If the CRA receives the certification of accuracy, they can immediately reinsert, but must provide notice to the consumer within 5 business days after their reinsertion.

If reinsertion of such information is made without receipt of the required notification, it coould be for two reasons.

First, the party reporting did not notify they CRA of its prior deletion based on lack of verification in a prior dispute, and thus the CRA was unaware that the reinsertion provision applied to that information.

Second, the CRA failed to send the required notification, but the pre-certification was provided by the reporting party.

If inforamtion is reinserted without notice from the CRA, file a complaint with them for lack of compliance with section 611(a)(5)(B).

If they dont correct, then send the complaint to the CFPB.

Message 3 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

If it was a different CA for the same debt, then the notification necessity is moot.  They can just add the TL to your CR, you must still receive a dunning notice within 5 days, but you don't get a notification of re-entry.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.