Keep applying or stop? Guidance needed please

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep applying or stop? Guidance needed please

Hello every one, 

Current situation:

BK7 discharged Aug 15, 2014

I was able to remove most of the derogatory accounts from ex, eq, tu. 

HSBC Saks is a pain in the butt, not willing to remove. FCU reporting few late payments, but that account was paid in full and closed before chapter7.

My scores are EQ 554, TU 664, EX 551

Early last month, I have applied for Credit One and was approved for $300 with. $75 annual fee. I have decided not to activate it.

last week I have applied for Barclays and was denied, even called recon line.. It didn't help.

Same day, I have applied for Capital one Platnum Classic and was approved for $3000 limit. I was shocked!

My question is, should I apply for other cards, or give it time and use Capone for few month?

my other question is, eq and ex have similar scores, but tu score is well above. How does that make any sense?

thanks

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Keep applying or stop? Guidance needed please

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello every one, 

Current situation:

BK7 discharged Aug 15, 2014

I was able to remove most of the derogatory accounts from ex, eq, tu. 

HSBC Saks is a pain in the butt, not willing to remove. FCU reporting few late payments, but that account was paid in full and closed before chapter7.

My scores are EQ 554, TU 664, EX 551

Early last month, I have applied for Credit One and was approved for $300 with. $75 annual fee. I have decided not to activate it.

last week I have applied for Barclays and was denied, even called recon line.. It didn't help.

Same day, I have applied for Capital one Platnum Classic and was approved for $3000 limit. I was shocked!

My question is, should I apply for other cards, or give it time and use Capone for few month?

my other question is, eq and ex have similar scores, but tu score is well above. How does that make any sense?

thanks

1. you did call and cancel Credit One right?

2. have you thought about a couple GE/Sync Cards - Chevron, 76 Gas, Walmart, Sams something along those lines?

I would consider 2 more card so you had 3

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I have called and cancelled credit one, received a letter that states account closed, 0 balance.

thanks

Message 3 of 12
sccredit
Valued Contributor

676 TU score I would app for Barclays, a known TU puller.  Anything EX or EQ would be a certain no with a sub 600 score

Message 4 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@sccredit wrote:

676 TU score I would app for Barclays, a known TU puller.  Anything EX or EQ would be a certain no with a sub 600 score

OP Stated: have applied for Barclays and was denied, even called recon line..

Barclay will want 1+ year out of BK at least most likely or 1 year of rebuilt history.

Message 5 of 12
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@sccredit wrote:

Barclay will want 1+ year out of BK at least most likely or 1 year of rebuilt history.

I missed that, my bad Smiley Surprised

Message 6 of 12
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@sccredit wrote:

+1 Barclays will want at least 6-12 months of rebuilding history. You could consider a store card or a secured (SDFCU won't even HP) if you want another card to rebuild. 

Also, you might want to pull all three reports and see why there's such a huge score difference between TU and EQ/EX.

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 7 of 12
Chris679
Established Contributor

I would cancel credit one and lay low for a year since you have the Cap One card.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not activating the credit one card is not good enough. You need to call them and tell them you do not need the card. Let the capital one card marinate foe 6 months.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

For I mean
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.