Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key Derogatory Mark **Incorrect** Need Advice

tag
creditstalker
Frequent Contributor

Key Derogatory Mark **Incorrect** Need Advice

I paid The Best Service Company in March 2015,  and they reported the account paid and also reported a Key Derogatory Mark in April 2015.  This is not correct?  How should I have them correct it,  should I dispute it or contact them directly?

Thanks in Advance

Current FICO 08 as of 06/01/2015 TU 648 EQ 624 EX 602
FICO Mortgage Scores TU 594 EQ 540 EX 642

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Key Derogatory Mark **Incorrect** Need Advice

@creditstalker wrote:

I paid The Best Service Company in March 2015,  and they reported the account paid and also reported a Key Derogatory Mark in April 2015.  This is not correct?  How should I have them correct it,  should I dispute it or contact them directly?

Thanks in Advance

From the info I have that mark is the credit bureaus interpretation and its not seen by creditors. A CO or CA is a key derog account whether or not its paid.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditstalker wrote:

Thanks in Advance

As gdale pointed out "Key Derogatory" is not something that is reported by a CA/OC, its simply an indicator that the CRA's put there to let you know that they consider that particular item to be the most damaging or among the most damaging items in your report. It is not something 'disputable'.

Message 3 of 4
creditstalker
Frequent Contributor

oh okay.  Great information :-)

Current FICO 08 as of 06/01/2015 TU 648 EQ 624 EX 602
FICO Mortgage Scores TU 594 EQ 540 EX 642

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.