cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key delinquency on EX (consumerinfo )....concerned!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Key delinquency on EX (consumerinfo )....concerned!

With my EX consumerinfo subscription, my report shows "KD" dates, which represents a key delinquency date.  It is displayed in the payment history area where the monthly green/black/etc squares are.  KD is red.

On CO accounts, this shows the date the account was paid/settled with no further reporting.  However, with one account (WEBBANK/DFS), every month they report they update the key delinquency date! So my payment history is a bunch of red boxes.  :-(

I would expect the KD to be updated the month the account is paid/settled only.  I'm afraid the recent KD is driving down my score.

Does anyone know much about KD?  Is this something unique to the PLUS scoring model??

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Key delinquency on EX (consumerinfo )....concerned!

Key derogatory - KD and no, it is not unique to any one CRA.

Once an account is COd, the creditor may update monthly.  It is usually with a CO or KD.  Either one is just as bad.

When the account is paid the KD will stop reporting.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK - thanks.  Looks like I have a problem then.... Dell is reporting the TL with a KD every month, even though it is paid.  I'll get after them.

Message 3 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Yes, that is a problem.  Once paid they should not report as a KD and it should report closed.

Is it showing paid?

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It shows as paid/settled (which it was)....but the KD marker is being reported every month.  So I'm thinking my score is being pushed down since the settlement looks very recent when in reality it is not..

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah... he's absolutly right.  Paid collections do not come off your report simply becuase you pay them.  Nor do they raises your score.

However two things...

Paid looks better to lenders and...

Paid should offer protection from the creditors  rereporting the negative information which would lower your score every month or at the very least keep it from improving.  I would definately look into calling the CRA's about this but first gather all your records showing that it was indeed paid albeit less than the original balance.

edit:  In the future if you can't pay for a delete then in your case it would be best to pay becuase if they are zealous enuf to keep reporting it you run no risk of a final update.

Message 6 of 9
1gr8deal
Valued Member

What if the KD is being reported monthly on an account that was included in a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy? Shouldn't these accounts stop updating as of the filing date of the bankruptcy?

Message 7 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@1gr8deal wrote:

What if the KD is being reported monthly on an account that was included in a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy? Shouldn't these accounts stop updating as of the filing date of the bankruptcy?

I am not sure about that. You might ask in the BK forum.  Was it discharged?

Message 8 of 9
1gr8deal
Valued Member

yes it was discharged 10/2008 but the accounts keep updating with the KD designation.  I will ask over in the BK forum

Thanks! 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.