Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyspan/National Grid DELETED

tag
jacksont1981
Frequent Contributor

Keyspan/National Grid DELETED

Hi everyone,

Just doing my part in giving back as without these forums, I would not have been as informed as I am now in fixing my credit. Long story short, National Grid was showing on my Experian credit report only. No other bureaus was showing it. Funny thing is, it was not showing on the report from myFICO. Only when I got my report directly from Experian did I see it there. Anyway tried to call them and pay them directly. They said no NCO Financial owns the debt now. Wrote a PFD letter to NCO and they basically sent me back a letter stating send all documents etc to National Grid and they removed all listings on my credit reports regarding this account. I mailed a check made out directly to National Grid and sent it off. They cashed it a few days later so I was going to give them a few days until I checked my report to see if it was gone. If it was not gone, I was going to dispute it and use the cashed check as evidence. Anyway I got antsy and checked it and its gone!!!! So happy about that!!! 

Now the only thorn in my side is Verizon Wireless and I wont stop until they are gone too! They are paid already and they still dont want to delete!

Started 6/2014 EX 594 EQ 617 TU 580 FICO's Goal is 740's and up
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Keyspan/National Grid DELETED

Great job!

I had an old sprint bill of like 200$ and they settled for 100 and deleted it. 

But I made sure they had that in writing.

Once you removed Verizon you should see a huge score increase

Message 2 of 4
jacksont1981
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Great job!

I had an old sprint bill of like 200$ and they settled for 100 and deleted it. 

But I made sure they had that in writing.

Once you removed Verizon you should see a huge score increase

Thanks! I am not going to lie, everytime Verizon says no which has been about 3 times already, I get a little depressed especially since I did this for a family member and ended up getting burned in the end so its not even my debt technically. But my other small victories are helping me along the way.

Started 6/2014 EX 594 EQ 617 TU 580 FICO's Goal is 740's and up
Message 3 of 4
alvon123
Super Contributor

@jacksont1981 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Just doing my part in giving back as without these forums, I would not have been as informed as I am now in fixing my credit. Long story short, National Grid was showing on my Experian credit report only. No other bureaus was showing it. Funny thing is, it was not showing on the report from myFICO. Only when I got my report directly from Experian did I see it there. Anyway tried to call them and pay them directly. They said no NCO Financial owns the debt now. Wrote a PFD letter to NCO and they basically sent me back a letter stating send all documents etc to National Grid and they removed all listings on my credit reports regarding this account. I mailed a check made out directly to National Grid and sent it off. They cashed it a few days later so I was going to give them a few days until I checked my report to see if it was gone. If it was not gone, I was going to dispute it and use the cashed check as evidence. Anyway I got antsy and checked it and its gone!!!! So happy about that!!! 

Now the only thorn in my side is Verizon Wireless and I wont stop until they are gone too! They are paid already and they still dont want to delete!

congrats

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.