Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kicked in the stomach

tag
VikingsLoyalFan
Valued Member

Kicked in the stomach

After a year getting my credit from 495 to 655 I am about to go for my loan on a house. I received a letter today from “EOS” and contacted them (I am in the middle of disputing 2 other things on my credit from them, the same account). The guy on the phone told me that they reported this to the credit bureau on the 8th of this month. THEN HE TELLS ME THIS IS FROM AN ACCOUNT IN 2006…..

I asked him why they would put something else on my credit; he tells me the principal on this is another account. Well to make a long story short, he tells me I have to file a police report to dispute this. After him going through all the information I realize, it was my brother’s address he never paid the final fee for his phone service (65 dollars) (that was in my name) and now it is up past 500 on my credit 3 times. I have no idea what to do. How can someone hit your credit so many times and nonetheless 6 years later?

I am bawling my eyes out; everything I have done in a year is now just tarnished. I am so upset.  I guess I am wondering how 1 company can keep hitting your credit.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Kicked in the stomach

@VikingsLoyalFan wrote:

After a year getting my credit from 495 to 655 I am about to go for my loan on a house. I received a letter today from “EOS” and contacted them (I am in the middle of disputing 2 other things on my credit from them, the same account). The guy on the phone told me that they reported this to the credit bureau on the 8th of this month. THEN HE TELLS ME THIS IS FROM AN ACCOUNT IN 2006…..

I asked him why they would put something else on my credit; he tells me the principal on this is another account. Well to make a long story short, he tells me I have to file a police report to dispute this. After him going through all the information I realize, it was my brother’s address he never paid the final fee for his phone service (65 dollars) (that was in my name) and now it is up past 500 on my credit 3 times. I have no idea what to do. How can someone hit your credit so many times and nonetheless 6 years later?

I am bawling my eyes out; everything I have done in a year is now just tarnished. I am so upset.  I guess I am wondering how 1 company can keep hitting your credit.

Do you know what the DoFD? On a side note, never dispute something on your CR's while applying for a mortgage loan.

Message 2 of 13
VikingsLoyalFan
Valued Member

I do not know what DOFD is, but I am in shock of how they have already placed 2 things on my credit in the past and now this one saying this is another account "of principle" from 6/7 years ago. 

Message 3 of 13
VikingsLoyalFan
Valued Member

The two reported on my credit prior to this one is 5/12 and it says date opened 3/12 (although this was in 2006) I am so confused

Message 4 of 13
SSPA87
Regular Contributor

@VikingsLoyalFan wrote:

The two reported on my credit prior to this one is 5/12 and it says date opened 3/12 (although this was in 2006) I am so confused

It sounds like they are illegally reporting?  Is this One account that they are reporting 3 separate times?  I don't believe that is legal...  Someone else will have a better idea than I do but this whole thing seems shady to me on the CA's part.

Starting Scores: EQ (MyFico): 561 TU (MyFico): 579 - 2/15/13
Rebuilding Scores: EQ (MyFico): 597 (6/11/13) TU (MyFico): 606 (6/12/13)
Current Scores: EQ : 665 TU : 649 EX : 704

Cards: SDFCU $250 | Cap1 Secured $750 | Victorias Secret $500 | Amex BCE $4k | Chase FU $2k | Cap1 QS $1k | PenFed Promise $3.5k | Wayfair $1k | Care Credit $1k
Message 5 of 13
VikingsLoyalFan
Valued Member

I recieved this letter today, (the 11th) and he told me they reported this to the CB on the 8th... I would have paid the thing because I cannot afford to lose points for my house Smiley Sad 

Message 6 of 13
VikingsLoyalFan
Valued Member

He told me "2 accounts" Although there will be 3 different ones reported now. 

Message 7 of 13
mauve
Valued Contributor

Send him a DV, CMRRR. Seriously. They're hoping you are intimidated. 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@SSPA87 wrote:

@VikingsLoyalFan wrote:

It sounds like they are illegally reporting?  Is this One account that they are reporting 3 separate times?  I don't believe that is legal...  Someone else will have a better idea than I do but this whole thing seems shady to me on the CA's part.

Date opened is the date it was assigned to the CA and doesn't mean anything.  It should still go by the DoFD of the OC.

Message 9 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I don't think they can add another collection account  with just interest.  Is that what they did? 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.