Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kicking Myself

tag
ktm214
Frequent Contributor

Kicking Myself

Knowing I shouldn't have, I apped for the Wal Mart card. Got the 7 to 10 day message. Are they (GECRB) good with recons? Thank You
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RTOrockstar
Frequent Contributor

Re: Kicking Myself

No, but I've read of a few ppl who got the 7-10 message and did eventually get approved. Usually it's because of ID verification. 

Message 2 of 5
tirado126
Contributor

I'm kicking myself too - after getting approved for VS card using the "shopping cart trick," I thought I should go ahead and risk the HP by applying to Walmart then got the 7-10 day message (did this last week).

I ended up calling them hoping it was a verification issue, but it wasn't. I just got their letter yesterday stating the reason(s) I wasn't approved, which includes

1. Too little revolving accounts (I have 3, not sure how many they want),

2. accounts in collections (they are paid, but I guess just the fact they are there is a negative)

3. # of months since a 30 day past due showing on report is too low and

4. # of months credit account in collections is too low

What i'm really upset about is, right before I applied I did the "optout screen option for 5 years" I was hearing about that gives you a 10-12 pt bump in score and sure enough, I got a 10pt bump in EQ, a 11pt bump in EX and would have gotten a bump in TU if I didn't do this HP for Walmart, so the score actually stayed the same after the HP appeared. Learned my lesson...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Score: EQ 542, TU 503, EX 580 (all lender pulled 06/07/11)
Current Score: EQ 649, TU 722, EX 654 (pulled Dec 2013)
Goal Score: 700 club for all 3 agencies!

CapOne$750/FP$400/Matrix$300/VS$500/Walmart$500/BestBuy$1K/KayJeweler$2K (last app 12/16/13)
Message 3 of 5
ktm214
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, I just got off the phone with them. They wouldn't budge.
Message 4 of 5
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@tirado126 wrote:

I'm kicking myself too - after getting approved for VS card using the "shopping cart trick," I thought I should go ahead and risk the HP by applying to Walmart then got the 7-10 day message (did this last week).

I ended up calling them hoping it was a verification issue, but it wasn't. I just got their letter yesterday stating the reason(s) I wasn't approved, which includes

1. Too little revolving accounts (I have 3, not sure how many they want),

2. accounts in collections (they are paid, but I guess just the fact they are there is a negative)Paid or unpaid, Fico still sees it as a collection, Try sending gw letters to have them removed.

3. # of months since a 30 day past due showing on report is too low and

4. # of months credit account in collections is too low

What i'm really upset about is, right before I applied I did the "optout screen option for 5 years" I was hearing about that gives you a 10-12 pt bump in score and sure enough, I got a 10pt bump in EQ, a 11pt bump in EX and would have gotten a bump in TU if I didn't do this HP for Walmart, so the score actually stayed the same after the HP appeared. Learned my lesson...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.