Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kind of new to rebuilding

tag
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Kind of new to rebuilding

@Anonymous wrote:
Yea that's the route I'm going to go with.
The chase and amex cards are ones I opened for my wife since she only had one card so tried building her credit up while rebuilding mine. I logged on to pay the balance yesterday and chase doubled the limit to 8k!
Can't wait to have some nice cards under my name.
Hopefully I can get discover to graduate me in 7 months that's the goal right now.

Congratulations! That's awesome news about Chase! I'm hoping for Discover graduation next month. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you I was really surprised when I saw that.
Please keep me updated if they do unsecure it. I hope they will unsecure me at 7 by then I should have all baddies paid and hopefully removed
Message 22 of 29
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you I was really surprised when I saw that.
Please keep me updated if they do unsecure it. I hope they will unsecure me at 7 by then I should have all baddies paid and hopefully removed

I'll try to remember to tell you here. If I forget I'll update my own rebuilding thread with the information. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update
Collection is off my report
Cap 1 updated one of the c.o to paid 0 balance.
Scores are now
Ex 566
Tu 586
Eq 599

I still have 1 c.o with cap 1 for 669
1 c.o with wells fargo that hopefully will fall off later this year
1 c.o with nissan for 1800

Now the good
Open sky 1k 0 balance
Discover secured 1k will report 0 balance
Au chase fu 8k limit reports 6%
Au amex prg
Au chase sp 20k limit not showing yet.

Looking for advice on next step.
Regarding wells fargo i will just let it fall off
How should i approach cap1 and nissan?
Should i try to send pfd offers? Or settlement offers?

Should i get another secured card or wait for scores to go up and hope for unsecured?

Any thoughts will be appreciated
Message 24 of 29
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

I'd wait for your scores to go up before applying for anymore cards - six months in the garden minimum. And FYI, Chase isn't a good card to use as your reporting balance on AZEO. I always forget they will post a zero balance to the CRAs as soon as you make the payment. Use a different card instead. 

Offering PFD is the best outcome, at worst a PIF will still help your score. You can try and negotiate but usually PFD will be a PIF. Expect to pay the full amount. If you can't do that right away, hold off on any contact until you can. Do a goodwill campaign for the Capital One account, now that it's reporting zero. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats what i was thinking too ill go into the garden for a while.
Regarding chase i follow it on ck since it updates weekly and so far they only report after statement cut date but i never pay it to 0 always leave a small balance and before i pif statement i make sure there are a few pending charges.

Should i wait for cap 1 gw since it just updated this montg?
Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

So i guess its becoming my rebuild blog rather than a thread lol
Got an alert today eq went from 599 to 601 only 2 points but finally in the 600 range 99 points to go!! Lol
Cap 1 updated my account as settled so it gave me the tiny boost.

Also tried contacting them regarding the other c.o no luck they wont take a payment and referred me to CA which was able to settle for 50%. Hopefully next month it will be updated and then ill start GW them for both accounts.
Im hoping for a lil more points from this one since it reported every month as over limit so maybe 3 points
Message 27 of 29
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Once they've posted to all three CRAs, start your good will campaign. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing your journey here!

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.