Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinda Good News

tag
LynnBushea
New Contributor

Kinda Good News

Hello All

I am not sure how to feel about this...I am happy but maybe I was expecting too much. I have my credit reports pulled and found that Sallie mae was removed from my reports..Yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

But the things is..my score did not change at all. That just seems strange since I had 2 negative accounts with SM....both with over 120 day lates.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Starting Score: 478
Current Score: 650
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Kinda Good News

@LynnBushea wrote:

Hello All

I am not sure how to feel about this...I am happy but maybe I was expecting too much. I have my credit reports pulled and found that Sallie mae was removed from my reports..Yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

But the things is..my score did not change at all. That just seems strange since I had 2 negative accounts with SM....both with over 120 day lates.

Thanks

It may depend on what else is on your reports and the age of the items that dropped off. If you have several derogatory items, having the first few drop may have minimal if any impact especially if they are older. On the flip side, having the last few drop will have a greater impact.

The bottom line is keep at it. The results are all cumulative and every action caries weight toward your ultimate goal.

Best of luck!

CB

Message 2 of 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Kinda Good News

@LynnBushea wrote:

Hello All

Thanks

Is there still other negative information on your CR.  How old were these accounts as you could have lost AAoA when they were removed.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.