Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kohl's GW vs Habu: Round 1, Fight!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kohl's GW vs Habu: Round 1, Fight!

I'd sent a GW email to Kohl's CEO email address last month regarding updating the 30-120 day lates I had from February-November 2013 while I was unemployed. I laid out my satisfactory payment history with them prior to that and my good payment history on other non-Kohl's accounts since then, all that stuff.

Got a phone call from a lady in the EO the next day saying she'd look into it and would send me a letter. We played phone tag for a couple of days, but never managed to talk to each other. Got the letter today with a denial.

"Thank you for contacting Kohl's Department Stores regarding your Kohl's Charge account ending in XXXX. We have reviewed your account related to your concerns regarding information appearing on your credit report. We have determined that the information previously furnished to the credit reporting agencies is accurate. Updating the information as you have requested will create inaccurate representation of the status of your account with us. The integrity of the credit reporting system relies on the validity of the information furnished; therefore, we are unable to comply with your request to update this information with the credit reporting agencies."

Bummer. I'll send a snail mail GW request next week and attempt to rebut the denial. Maybe I'll have some luck with that one...

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Kohl's GW vs Habu: Round 1, Fight!

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd sent a GW email to Kohl's CEO email address last month regarding updating the 30-120 day lates I had from February-November 2013 while I was unemployed. I laid out my satisfactory payment history with them prior to that and my good payment history on other non-Kohl's accounts since then, all that stuff.

Got a phone call from a lady in the EO the next day saying she'd look into it and would send me a letter. We played phone tag for a couple of days, but never managed to talk to each other. Got the letter today with a denial.

"Thank you for contacting Kohl's Department Stores regarding your Kohl's Charge account ending in XXXX. We have reviewed your account related to your concerns regarding information appearing on your credit report. We have determined that the information previously furnished to the credit reporting agencies is accurate. Updating the information as you have requested will create inaccurate representation of the status of your account with us. The integrity of the credit reporting system relies on the validity of the information furnished; therefore, we are unable to comply with your request to update this information with the credit reporting agencies."

Bummer. I'll send a snail mail GW request next week and attempt to rebut the denial. Maybe I'll have some luck with that one...

It may take time to get the goodwill my longest was 3 years at 1 letter a month by snail mail to the office of the CEO. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.