Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kohls Charge Off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kohls Charge Off

Has anyone had any luck getting a charge off deleted with Kohls? I have been making so many attemps via mail and email and have not gotten any response until today. Got an e-mail back from an executive at Kohl's. Unfortunately they cannot discuss my account via email so we set up to talk on Monday over the phone. I am pretty sure they are going to tell me the same thing everyone else told me, they can only update to paid in full or it has already been sent to collection. If anyone has any stories with their luck with Kohls please post them below Smiley Happy I will keep you guys updated.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Kohls Charge Off

The debt apparently remains unpaid, and you are seeking a PFD.

What are the reasons being offered to the creditor as to why the delinquency has progressed to the stage of it having been charged-off?

A CO is, for credti reporting purposes, a statement by the creditor that you are not expected to pay the debt.

In and of itself, it does not consider why you have let the debt become seriously delinquent.

That begs the question as to whether your non-payment is perceived as a result of a temporary financial hardshlip that is now overcome, or was simply due to your decision not to pay.  Since a PFD is a form of GW request, how they perceive your lack of current payment may be the issue in their mind.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response Robert. I was unable to pay due to certain life events that triggered my depression/anxiety, I lost my job because of that. I am barely getting back on my feet as of January 2015 paying off my semesters of college that I was unable to attend/pay due to my condition. I have obtained a decent paying job and wanted to pay off my college first before that added on to my collection files. I hope they take this into consideration, ultimately I know that this is no excuse and I know they do not have to consider this. But I hope to atleast get a Paid in full.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It may.

Reporting of a CO is their placement of record in your file that you are not expected to pay the debt.

Explaining that you are now able and willing to pay shows that you are a consumer who does, when able, meet their debt obligation.

I would assert to them that deletion of the reported charge-off would better reflect that you are not a consumer who stiffs their debts, but were merely going thru bad times, and meets their debt when able.  That is directly relevant to their reporting that you are not expected to pay.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.