Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kohls GW success!

tag
honky
Regular Contributor

Kohls GW success!

We had a family tragedy in November and did miss a payment.  I used a form letter I found here and used it to share our troubled month with them.  I know this is a recent derog and is affecting our scores quite a bit.  I tried 3 seperate GW letters and was denied with a generic response each time.  I sent a 4th via email last night and already recieved this response:

Your e-mail was forwarded to my attention in the Executive Office of Kohl's for follow up and resolution. As it is my intent to provide our customers with quality service, I appreciate the opportunity to review your concerns.

Please accept my condolences over the recent tragedy experienced by your family. In consideration of the circumstances, we have furnished the consumer reporting agencies with updated information so they amend their records to remove the negative information reported for November 2011. I encourage you to obtain and review a copy of your credit file after allowing sufficient time for the consumer reporting agencies to update their records.

I do not like to use a death in the family as a crutch, but appreciate what Kohls did for us and will be happy to take my business there in the future.  They did not have to help, and especially not within 24 hours of the email.

Starting Score: 580 2/03/12
Current Score: 810 EQ // 829 TU(Walmart)
Goal Score: Achieved!

Wallet: Citi Forward(13.5k), Ink plus(18k), CSP(13.5k), Freedom(6k), BoA123(13k), Alliant CU(5k), Walmart(2k), Kohls(1.4k), QuickSIlver(7.5k) Amex Simplycash Business(46.5k)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Kohls GW success!

That's great they were willing to give out some GW.  Can you share the contact or email that you used ??

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 7
honky
Regular Contributor

Not sure I should just post it out in the forum?  I was PMd an email, and got it forwarded to another person....so I have 2 working emails.

Starting Score: 580 2/03/12
Current Score: 810 EQ // 829 TU(Walmart)
Goal Score: Achieved!

Wallet: Citi Forward(13.5k), Ink plus(18k), CSP(13.5k), Freedom(6k), BoA123(13k), Alliant CU(5k), Walmart(2k), Kohls(1.4k), QuickSIlver(7.5k) Amex Simplycash Business(46.5k)
Message 3 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Right, if it is a private email then please don't post ~ I didn't know what type of contact info you had, and I always like to encourage sharing....Cat Tongue

Would you also mind PM'ing me the emails ?  Thanks !

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 7
crpx4

can you pm the contact information?

thanks

Message 5 of 7
guccislim

Can you PM me the contact information? Thanks.

Message 6 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Pm me as well please and thank you! Also sorry for your family tragedy . Hope you are all recovering Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.