Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kohls correction, finally!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kohls correction, finally!!

I just wanted to share my happy story!

Several years ago I took out a Kohl's store card, which I used quite sporadically.  When I used it, I would pay it off shortly thereafter.  Life happened, and I was informed that I had late charges, etc.  I attempted to dispute with them directly to no avail, and being overwhelmed, I let it go, since they were quite intent on charging me what I swore to them was an erroneous charge.  Fast forward the account was charged off and reflecting quite poorly on all three of my reports.  By grace of God, persistence, and encouragement received through reading posts here and on other forums, I was finally able to get them to update the TL.  It is quite aged, so I didn't want it deleted, though I was willing to make that a last resort option.  I'm ecstatic that it has gone from a CO account with a balance that was due to fees, etc, to a nicely aged account showing closed, but paid as agreed/never late!!  It took an INSANE number of hours to dispute over a couple months, once I really started rolling up my sleeves on the matter, but it finally took the fraud department to help me out after a supervisor at the call center investigated with an experienced tech person to dig up the archived files and confirm that there was an added transaction on my account months after my final payment.  It seems that there was a mixup due to similar names or something.  Either way, woohoo!  I'm not yet sure how much it'll impact my scores at the three bureaus, since it just recently was updated this past week and I don't have updated scores, but I'm hoping to see some sort of improvement since this CO/derogatory is now reporting as an aged never late.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Kohls correction, finally!!

Great work there thru persistence, enjoy it Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Kohls correction, finally!!

Thank you gdale6!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.