Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kohls late charge removed -- success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kohls late charge removed -- success

Hi,

I forgot to pay a small balance on kohls charge a few months ago. I didn't even realize the 30day overdue was reported to credit bureau until recently I pulled a report to get loan approval and was surprised by the score. 

I googled and came across a few helpful posts from this forum. What I did was to write an honest email to the CEO of kohls explaining the issue and requesting the bad record to be removed from the three agencies. I didn't expect it to be handled so efficiently. Two days after the email, I received a call from ceo office telling me the issue is taken care of and I also received a written letter days later formally stating that it is done. 

I would like to thank for all the ppl who shared similar experience and successful stories. 

A few tips:

1. Write your own letter. Be personal. show how trustworthy you are. 

2. You can find the email address from investor relations section on the website, as kohls is a public company. 

3. Kohls now has autopay option. Set it up! Don't forget it a second time!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Kohls late charge removed -- success

Nicely done Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
browneyesmke

That's awesome!

I just did the same thing (e-mailed Koh's), but since it's Sunday, we'll see what happens.  Great to hear news of success.

Message 3 of 6
browneyesmke

I haven't heard back from anyone at Kohl's.  I emailed the CEO and VP of Customer Experience.  Any thoughts on who else I might try or other steps to take?  Would you be willing to share the email you used?

Thank you,

ALY

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I read about your sucess. I have been trying for 4 months to get my credit score back to where it was before Kohls lowered for a missed payment. Actualy I made the full payment online, but it apparently did not go through. Then Kohls never sent me a bill to indicate that I still had that balance. I found out I had a balance when my credit score dropped and I got a notice. I have written letters and talked to Experian- and no change in my credit score- Kohls will not budge. In your case, are you talking about you had success with your credit score or just late charges taken off your bill?  I had the late fees reversed, but I want it off of my credit report since the nonpayment was not my fault.  Thanks

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where do I find the investor forum?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.