cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kramer and Frank just hit me with a hard inquiry, can they do that?

tag
kbl7td
Established Member

Re: Kramer and Frank just hit me with a hard inquiry, can they do that?

i'll offer $350 and see what happens. 

I tried settling with cap one and they wouldn't even budge for a PFD, doubt these guys will either

Message 11 of 16
beb86
Valued Contributor

@kbl7td wrote:

i'll offer $350 and see what happens. 

I tried settling with cap one and they wouldn't even budge for a PFD, doubt these guys will either

Hopefully you will get some good news.... Keep us posted.

Message 12 of 16
timotiger
New Contributor

I have recent experience with exactly this scenario. I had a Cap One Mastercard with a limit of $3000. They said I owed $3600 with all of the fees. I saw a process server at my house going through my mailbox (before I entered and I was able to avoid) and investigated the only collection account I had through Casenet, which is a Missouri law database. Since the process server never served me, I researched and went to court prepared to fight the battle that I hadn't had enough time to prepare and secure an attorney of my own. I started negotiating with Kramer and Frank and offered a one time payment of $1200 payable immediately. Capital One responded with $2800. After calling them monthly for three months, they were willing to go to $2200, but I couldn't go past $1800.  I finally got them to agree, but it wasn't easy. I didn't try to get a PFD and Capital One is still on my credit report. For a collection agency (we're not a law firm), I found them to be tough, but pretty fair and resonable. In fact, I would say I liked the collection agent. She was somewhat compassionate and helped me please my case. I believe this is one account you will be leveraged to settle.

Message 13 of 16
beb86
Valued Contributor

@timotiger wrote:

I have recent experience with exactly this scenario. I had a Cap One Mastercard with a limit of $3000. They said I owed $3600 with all of the fees. I saw a process server at my house going through my mailbox (before I entered and I was able to avoid) and investigated the only collection account I had through Casenet, which is a Missouri law database. Since the process server never served me, I researched and went to court prepared to fight the battle that I hadn't had enough time to prepare and secure an attorney of my own. I started negotiating with Kramer and Frank and offered a one time payment of $1200 payable immediately. Capital One responded with $2800. After calling them monthly for three months, they were willing to go to $2200, but I couldn't go past $1800.  I finally got them to agree, but it wasn't easy. I didn't try to get a PFD and Capital One is still on my credit report. For a collection agency (we're not a law firm), I found them to be tough, but pretty fair and resonable. In fact, I would say I liked the collection agent. She was somewhat compassionate and helped me please my case. I believe this is one account you will be leveraged to settle.

This is ALOT of great and helpful information thank you for sharing. When you say not a law firm who are you referring too?

Message 14 of 16
timotiger
New Contributor

That's how Kramer and Frank represents themselves, but they are a law firm that does collections. There must be some law about the separation between the two.

Message 15 of 16
beb86
Valued Contributor

In Ky the use Weltman, Weinberg & Reis..but the are in the middle of a class action lawsuit for collection tactics...so the are sending out $75 to everyone who responds.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.