Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LAST BADDIE: Cap1 sold to Cavalary

tag
tfkallday
Frequent Contributor

LAST BADDIE: Cap1 sold to Cavalary

Hi everyone, thanks for all of your help over the past couple years.  Because of you, I am on the brink of the 700 club.  My last true baddy came right before I started fixing my credit.  It is a Capital one Charge off which sold to Cavalary Portfolio in 2014.  I dragged my feet a little bit when dealing w/ Capital One and they sold the debt.

I could not get a PFD agreement in place w/ Capital One.  Now Cavalary is still not reporting-- looks like they bought the debt in in July 2014.  I am wondering, should I go ahead and get PIF w/ Cavalary, or see if they can transfer back to CapOne?

I know this Cavalary collection may come to haunt me soon so I am trying to take proactive steps to take care of this before it stings.  Any ideaS?

Thanks everyone and love you!!

Starting Score April 2013: 556
Current Score March 2014: 682
Goal Score Soon (-: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Shokk
Established Contributor

Re: LAST BADDIE: Cap1 sold to Cavalary

I'm sure Cap 1 sold the debt, so there is no transferring back to them.  Since they're not reporting, make sure you get an agreement that they won't report after the fact. And you may try settling 1st, then offer to PIF if they refuse.

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.