Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LATES & WHEN THEY CAN START REPORTING

tag
eastexascout
Regular Contributor

LATES & WHEN THEY CAN START REPORTING

So I have this student loan that has been fully rehabbed. 

And, it keeps showing up in the "negative" side of things on FICO.  However, the account is picking up some sort of old lates of some sort.  When you look at the payment history, everything is good then all of a sudden it goes straight into 150's (lates). 

If my memory serves me correct, doesn't the creditor have to start reporting 30, 60, 90, etc? 

The funny thing about all of this is I've never been late, and called these guys a million times to give them a shot to handle it "in house."

Next question, would it worth it to dispute through bureaus or what?  I'm nearing the finish line and this is like one of the last miles that I need someone to hand me a cup of water....lol

THANKS!

"just trying to get my credit up..."
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: LATES & WHEN THEY CAN START REPORTING

Message 2 of 4
eastexascout
Regular Contributor

Correct but per rehab rules, all previous derogatory reported is deleted.

Thats what the folks who rehabbed my loan told me. It seems as if the current folks are combining an old account that should be clean wirh the current account

Either way, I wish it woukd get fixed....lol
"just trying to get my credit up..."
Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

My understanding is they will remove the default information but not the lates themselves.  I've seen it go both ways.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.