Regular Contributor
eastexascout

LATES & WHEN THEY CAN START REPORTING

So I have this student loan that has been fully rehabbed. 

And, it keeps showing up in the "negative" side of things on FICO.  However, the account is picking up some sort of old lates of some sort.  When you look at the payment history, everything is good then all of a sudden it goes straight into 150's (lates). 

If my memory serves me correct, doesn't the creditor have to start reporting 30, 60, 90, etc? 

The funny thing about all of this is I've never been late, and called these guys a million times to give them a shot to handle it "in house."

Next question, would it worth it to dispute through bureaus or what?  I'm nearing the finish line and this is like one of the last miles that I need someone to hand me a cup of water....lol

THANKS!

"just trying to get my credit up..."
guiness56

Re: LATES & WHEN THEY CAN START REPORTING

Regular Contributor
eastexascout

Correct but per rehab rules, all previous derogatory reported is deleted.

Thats what the folks who rehabbed my loan told me. It seems as if the current folks are combining an old account that should be clean wirh the current account

Either way, I wish it woukd get fixed....lol
"just trying to get my credit up..."
guiness56

My understanding is they will remove the default information but not the lates themselves.  I've seen it go both ways.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}