Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDA Group?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

LDA Group?

I received a blocked call yesterday and the guy says he is a "process server" and needs to get updated address for me... he puts me on a mute hold for like 5 seconds and reads off a very old address for me.

I asked who he was for.

he said he was just serving papers that were filed in the city court and he couldn't see the client because the docs are sealed and i could call xx number if i had questions.

I said no and hung up.

This morning I just received a call again from a blocked number and sent it to voicemail and this guy left a message stating he is from LDA Group and they need me to call and give a "STATEMENT" and last known address by the city is xxx (the address the guy gave yesterday).

Quick google of LDA looks like they buy very old dormant collection accounts. most people commented that they were scam and called police!

My issue is:

1. I'm not very private about my address and it's certainly updated with the DMV (how and why would a company file in court with wrong information)

2. I didn't know anyone called from blocked numbers anymore and would not give out information of who they are collecting for

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LDA Group?

Zombie debt collector fishing for information. Keep any messages they leave 'just in case'. It is illegal for a collector to misrepresent themselves.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.