Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LEVY!? help me plz

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LEVY!? help me plz

Today while I was at work. A deputy had a paid a visit to my house and spoke to my finacee.  He gave her his number to give to me to call him.  I gave him a call to find out whats going on and he began to say that he was ordered to come to drop off paperwork for a "redified paystub", or levy. That I have two weeks to get into contact witch JFG Finciancial Llc. and set up something before the process actually begins.   This debt is from a old JC Penny credit card  that I owe 1081.00 and DOFD is 07/2009 and in the state of Virginia the SOL is 3 years.  So with the account  being pass the SOL,  can they still do this?  I also looked over my CR and under public records I noticed in feb,2011 they had filed a "legal item" for the exact same amount.

I googed JFG Finciancial  and they are labled as an fincianial advisor  (http://www.buzzfile.com/business/Jfg-Financial-757-340-7600/ ) and not as a CA. 

I really hate to a call CA and would rather do everything in writing,   Whats my next step?  Im really confused

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: LEVY!? help me plz

The court paperwork should instruct on steps to take. Make sure to appear, regardless of any contact with them, unless you reach a clear agreement with them, and have a copy of their dismissal of their action.

Expiration of a statute of limitations on a debt is not something that just occurs as a general matter of fact.

It is something you must assert before the court, and prove with documentation of what you consider to be the relevant date that began the period.

The other party can contest the asserted date based on your state statute.

Make sure to show up on the required date, and have all your supporting documentation of the relevant dates.

Message 2 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I would follow RobertEG's advice.  But I really don't think you have a beyond the SOL situation here.  From what you said about the public record on your CR, I would bet that you already have a judgement against you and now they are going to garnish you.  That's just what I am taking from this.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

that stinks, but thanks guys for the advice

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.