Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LHR-First DV Success...I think

tag
proudnavymom
Regular Contributor

LHR-First DV Success...I think

On 12/19/2011 I received a dunning notice from LHR saying they had just purchased a debt regarding a charged off Legacy Visa account.  I sent them a DV request on January 9, 2012 CMRRR.  I was kind of hesitant to send the DV request since it is still within the SOL, but if I waited past the 30 days I don't think I would have had  the cease collection period.  A few days later I got a letter from them saying that they had received my request and documentation had been ordered and all collection activity had been stopped.  Today I get this letter from them:

"After performing a review of your account LHR Inc. has decided to cease all collection efforts regarding the above referenced account.  LHR Inc. will submit a request to the credit reporting agencies to remove their submissions from your credit report.  This notice is not a statement of the character or validity of the debt.  This is notification that LHR Inc. will no longer engage in collection activities for the above referenced account."

Woo hoo!  Of course I know that they could simply sell this account to another CA, but it just shows that this process works.  Once this is deleted, I will have 3 negative accounts deleted this month.  The other 2 were from paid settlements that were deleted after I paid them.  One was a PFD offered by the CA, (Pro Collect) and the other one was with Afni who rejected my PFD offer, but once I paid the settlement, they deleted it anyway.  

Don't give up!!  I'm anxiously awaiting the responses from the other DV requests I've sent out this month.

Starting Scores TU 7/30/09 FICO 493 EQ 9/5/10 FICO 477 EX 11/14/2011 (lender pull) 575
Current Scores TU 10/19/2018 FICO 671 EQ 12/21/2018 FICO 614 EX 5/31/2014 FICO 658
Goal Scores 700 across the board
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
proudnavymom
Regular Contributor

Re: LHR-First DV Success...I think

One other thing I forgot to mention.  This account did not appear on my credit report until I sent the DV request.  Coincidence?...I don't think so, but I think I will still take my chances if this happens again.

Starting Scores TU 7/30/09 FICO 493 EQ 9/5/10 FICO 477 EX 11/14/2011 (lender pull) 575
Current Scores TU 10/19/2018 FICO 671 EQ 12/21/2018 FICO 614 EX 5/31/2014 FICO 658
Goal Scores 700 across the board
Message 2 of 4
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

@proudnavymom wrote:

One other thing I forgot to mention.  This account did not appear on my credit report until I sent the DV request.  Coincidence?...I don't think so, but I think I will still take my chances if this happens again.

The CA just received this debt (and send the dunning notice) is the reason why, it just appeared on the CR. Coincidence?.IDK.

But what You do know, it's going to be deleted. Hoo Ray!!Smiley Tongue Good Job keep up the great work. Thanks for sharing you story.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If they did not report the collection until after they received your DV, then they committed a serious violation of FDCPA 809(b) by reporting it while under a cease collection bar.

They are covering their butt.

Since they are now the owner of the debt, they could just assign it to another debt collector and start the collection process anew through them, or as you mentioned, try to sell the debt.  So it might not be over, but congratullations in rubbing their nose in their cavalier practices!  Maybe they will just slink away.....

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.