Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIVID!!!!

tag
Jane_O
New Contributor

LIVID!!!!

So I've been cleaning up my credit for the past five months and managed to bring it up from 588 to 693 (EQ). I finally qualified for my mortgage and I'm set to close on my first home on 5/31 (God Willing).

Today I get a SW alert that my score went down to 662! Why? Because a stupid collection agency (CCI) decides to post that I have an unpaid collection that I clearly paid to them on March 21st!!!!!!!! I paid it in FULL and it was taken care of! It was never even on my credit file! how coukd they post it after it has been paid?!?! How could this happen?! I'm so upset!

Tomorrow morning can't get here soon enough do that I can call the snake that took my payment! Ugggghhhhh!

Please offer some words to calm me down cuz I'm about to have an anxiety attack!

TIA!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: LIVID!!!!

Unfortunately, it is permissible reporting.

The reporting of a collection is their reporting that they had collection authority at some point in time.  There is no prohibition against reporting that fact at a later time, even after the debt is satisfied.

Very nasty, as they have to report the simultaneous opening and closing of the collection, and that there is $0 under colllection.

It serves no useful collection purpose on their part, but theoretically it serves the interest of the system by providing a more complete record of a consumer's credit history.

Debt collectors are not usually known for higher concerns over integrity of the system, and usually dont report when it no longer serves a business interest on their part.

You got axed, and have legit cause to be a bit livid.........

Message 2 of 3
electra
Established Contributor

Re: LIVID!!!!

OMG, I'm so sorry...that totally sucks.  Smiley Sad   One of two things happened...that guy is really a weasel and takes enjoys making misery for others or...and I hope this is what happened...it was just some process oversight thing at his company.

If I were you, I'd tell myself that it's the second thing that must have happened and when you call him  be very calm and nice and tell him that you believe there must have been some kind of oversight that allowed it to post.  I'd ask VERY NICELY if he could please delete it (be prepared with the FCRA info that they do not have to report...just to report accurately). Tell him what a hardship it will be for you and that you are trying to close on a house.  Above all, keep cool.  If you're not getting anywhere and you find yourself getting upset just ask if there is a supervisor you could speak with and try to plead the case with them.  

Good luck!!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.