Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LNLV course of action

tag
mariemeow77
Established Member

LNLV course of action

Below is what LNLV is posting on my credit report according to USAA CreditCheck. The account is for an old HSBC credit card that has a DOFD Mar 2006. I live in Virginia and the SOL is 3 years. The account was opened when I lived in Hawaii (military) and the SOL there is 6 years. This debt is out of both SOLs, but obviously is not past the 7 year point to fall off my credit just yet.  I disputed with CRA for this account that DOFD was wrong and they never confirmed.  I have had no contact with LNLV about this account besides my dispute through the CRA. I know they are very underhanded and shady company, so I am hoping for advice from fellow members.  

Here is my question" Do I DV first and include that they are out of SOL or just send them a regular DV to the affect of ' this was on my credit report please validate'.  I know this will fall off next year but I would like to clean up as much as I can. This debt has not been paid; and I would like to offer them a very small settlement PFD offer when I can. Thanks in advance!

LVNV FUNDING LLC

Potentially Negative

HOUSTON, TX 77274
 Experian®Equifax®TransUnion®

Account NameLVNV FUNDING LLCLVNV FUNDING LLCLVNV FUNDING
Account #548955511413XXXX548955511413XXXX54895551XXXX
Account TypeDebt PurchaseOpen AccountOpen account
Balance$925.00$925.00$925.00
Date Opened1/1/20091/1/20091/30/2009

Account StatusClosedClosedOpen
Mo. Payment   
Past Due$925.00$925.00$925.00
Payment StatusSeriously past due date / assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection departmentAt least 120 days or more than four payments past dueCollection account
High Balance $756.00$756.00
Limit   
Terms1 Month  
CommentsAccount in dispute-reported by subscriberCOLLECTION ACCOUNTAccount information disputed by consumer
24 MONTH PAYMENT HISTORY

2010  2011           2012        
OctNovDecJanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDecJanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSep
                     KDKDKD
OKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOK
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: LNLV course of action

The collection was opened and apparently reported in 2009.  I presume that the debt collector sent dunning notice around that time frame, as required by FDCPA 809(a).

If they sent dunning notice, your period for timely DV expired 30 days after that notice.  Thus, any DV sent at this time would not invoke a cease collection bar, and could be ignored by the debt collector.  I dont see much of anything to be accomplished by an untimely DV.  And it may act counter to any good will on their part in granting a GW deletion, either by way of a PFD or later deletion after payment.

If the DOFD is March, 2006, its statutory CR exclusion date would be Sept 2013, so about a year to go.

With SOL expired, then chances for a PFD acceptance may increase.  All I can say is give it a go. 

If they refuse deletion, you can of course rely on CR exclusion about a year from now to cover up the unpaid debt,but CR exclusion alone does not ensure that old, unpaid debt will not be discovered in your future credit endeavors by other means. 

It is always best, in my opinion, to settle old, unpaid debt, and not assume that CR exclusion will bar any future impact.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.