Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LO tells me to pay old CO?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LO tells me to pay old CO?

Well we are in the process of UW with our mortgage through FGMC. LO emailed me today asking me to pay two CO account's that are about two years old to get our credit score's up? We have been paying monthly on this for the last 17 months. So is this something we should do, pay if all off now and hope the scores go up a little? Our overall util. is down to 18% and he wants our scores to go up to 640 mid as apposed to 624 mid.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

Re: LO tells me to pay old CO?

If this is coming directly from the UW, not the LO, I highly suggest you do it.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I found out that it came from their "internal credit expert"? Not from anyone in the UW department..

Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

What kind of CO is it?

Message 4 of 6
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well we are in the process of UW with our mortgage through FGMC. LO emailed me today asking me to pay two CO account's that are about two years old to get our credit score's up? We have been paying monthly on this for the last 17 months. So is this something we should do, pay if all off now and hope the scores go up a little? Our overall util. is down to 18% and he wants our scores to go up to 640 mid as apposed to 624 mid.

I think the 'credit expert' was implying that the CO's are factoring in your UTIL, so paying them off would in turn give you better util, and a better score..

The question is.. are the COs showing a balance? No DO they have a balance, but are they showing on the credit report as having a balance?

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

No the CO's are not part of my util, according to my calculations and what is reported on my CR. And yes the total balance is $5255 one was a LOC and other was a Installment loan from 2 years ago.

Thanks

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.