Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOOK!! DOWN THERE!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOOK!! DOWN THERE!!

In my signature. See that score increase? Soooo close to breaking 600. Yay me!!!!! I finally figured out how to handle this rebuild. It's all about the mindset. I set a goal. And a reward. Goal score means reward of buying a home. Now I obsessively pay my bills, because I get a cheap thrill out of seeing my score increase, and knowing, "hey, I did that, all on my own!" 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Katheryne88
Regular Contributor

Re: LOOK!! DOWN THERE!!

I never thought i'd be so happy to use and pay credit cards in my life. Now it's addciting, I seriously have a new habit that has become an addiction of paying my CC's down every friday religioisly. As soon as my paycheck hits my account I allocate money between all my cards so I can re-use them and not let a high balance report to see those points go up. 

Starting score May 2015 500's across the boards
Now - 610 EQ 598 TU 597 EX
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here. I used to literally dread paying bills every month because they all came due at the same time. I paid everything the first week of the month, then hoarded money to be able to do it all over again the next month. Now I can put some of the smaller ones on my cc, and pay it throughout the month th which gives me a feeling of being in control. And the store cards, even with the toy limits, mean I can go get a new outfit and not panic that it will cause my to run short on Bill money. I will be thrilled for the day I don't need secured cards anymore. That money will go right into a savings account, with a savings goal of 6 months worth of Bill money in the event I can't work or something. It feels great to finally have a plan, and see results!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great work and Congrats!

I like to set a personal goal, go after it, and when I get there, set another one higher, in a realistic and achievable way.

I can see a 610 number starting to appear down there right now!  (tilting my head and squinting with left eye only)

GL

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.