Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOVE Credit Unions!!!!

tag
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

LOVE Credit Unions!!!!

Since filing Ch 7 BK in Dec 2015 I knew it was going to be a rough ride. I am slowly rebuilding.  I have a furniture loan that is at 120% interest!! YES you read that right... Long story...anyways i applied to my CU in Oct to do a refi...and was declined.... I reapplied yesterday and was once again declined due to short credit history since BK. ( Also want to refi my car) They said they want to see 1 yr of payments... after almost freaking out while talking to the bank rep... and i talked in circles...I was like hey I have paid on this furniture for a year now this month...that should count for something!!! He said let me talk to the underwriters and i will get back with you. So i get a call and he said he sat down with his Manager and is able to approve me to refi the furniture and possibly refi my car!!! HOLY MOLY... Just the refi on the furniture will save me $220.00 a  month!!!! I literally cried tears of joy while on the phone with him!!! I thanked him 10 different ways for working so hard for me!!!   Just had to share!!!

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LOVE Credit Unions!!!!

That's awesome! Good job.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cheryla18 wrote:

Since filing Ch 7 BK in Dec 2015 I knew it was going to be a rough ride. I am slowly rebuilding.  I have a furniture loan that is at 120% interest!! YES you read that right... Long story...anyways i applied to my CU in Oct to do a refi...and was declined.... I reapplied yesterday and was once again declined due to short credit history since BK. ( Also want to refi my car) They said they want to see 1 yr of payments... after almost freaking out while talking to the bank rep... and i talked in circles...I was like hey I have paid on this furniture for a year now this month...that should count for something!!! He said let me talk to the underwriters and i will get back with you. So i get a call and he said he sat down with his Manager and is able to approve me to refi the furniture and possibly refi my car!!! HOLY MOLY... Just the refi on the furniture will save me $220.00 a  month!!!! I literally cried tears of joy while on the phone with him!!! I thanked him 10 different ways for working so hard for me!!!   Just had to share!!!

Hi Cheryla18,

Thanks for sharing your experience.  Glad to hear that you were able to get the furniture refinanced, and hopefully you can get the car refinanced.  Please let us know how things turn out, ok?

*Kudos* to you and try your darndest to keep a positive relationship with your CU because it seems that they are treating you nicely, so keep treating them nicely ;-)

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome work on your part, and congrats!!
Hopefully things will continue to stay positive for you while you rebuild. CUs can be an awesome place to start
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.