Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOWES home improvement credit card?

tag
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

LOWES home improvement credit card?

Can someone tell me if Citibank is the lender behind the credit cards from Lowes? I was turned down for one at Home Depot and it was Citi ... and I have some old credit with Citi that I included in my BK.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LOWES home improvement credit card?

It's back by GE or now known as Synchrony I think!
Message 2 of 6
yepbob
New Contributor

+1
After our mortgage was closed last week I applied for Lowes and it is now Synchrony/GE ... They gave me a $700 CL online and I called to recon. I only asked for $5k and they immediately approved - now I wish I would have asked for more just for the heck of it Smiley Wink
Fico Scores as of 1/6/2014 from MyFICO
EX FICO - 649 / EQ FICO - 616 / TU FICO - 649
Lender pull 4/1/2014- EX-664 / TU - 675 / EQ - 626

Kohls - $300 Credit One - $600 WM - $700 Sams - $500
Amazon $600 PayPal MC - $300 NFCU $1000 Cap 1 - $2500
Cap 1 Plat: $2000 Von Maur - no limit set NFCU Nav Check - $10k
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow... congrats! I want a Lowe's card but I have too many new accouts! I don't plan on any home projects until around the first of the year so I'll app then! I was also just approved for their Wal-Mart credit card for a $1,200 limit so I don't want to push my luck. Lol.
Message 4 of 6
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

I just applied online and received a $300 credit limit. The online app process generated a message directing me to call an 800 number. When I called, some guy in India answered and said "Thank you for applying with Citibank". After verifying some basic information, I was told of the approval and that the car is being mailed to my new address.

I don't care about the size of the initial credit limit because I will use the heck out of it and pay it every month and will undoubtedly gain TL increses in the future. I'm a happy camper!

Message 5 of 6
elim
Senior Contributor

@ezdriver wrote:

I just applied online and received a $300 credit limit. The online app process generated a message directing me to call an 800 number. When I called, some guy in India answered and said "Thank you for applying with Citibank". After verifying some basic information, I was told of the approval and that the car is being mailed to my new address.

I don't care about the size of the initial credit limit because I will use the heck out of it and pay it every month and will undoubtedly gain TL increses in the future. I'm a happy camper!

Lowes was citi? you must have been talking about home depot? Lowes was great to me, initial $500 bumped to 5k in a couple months.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.