Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV BBB response.... today.

tag
Season79
Contributor

LVNV BBB response.... today.

So i received a BBB response today from LVNV. The debt was $1700.00 back from 2009. They provided the last statement from 2009. The response was a settlement offer of $500.00, changing status to settle in full. I know that changing the status on a CA will not help my FICO. Should i reply back through the BBB requesting that "I pay the $500.00 in one payment, in exchange all tradelines be removed from all 3 CRB's".... any thoughts?? Is that possible?? I really just want to be done with LVNV!!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Season79
Contributor

Re: LVNV BBB response.... today.

And to add, they report each month on my CR updating the amount owed, so it looks like a recent collection. So paying it will not hurt my score anymore than it already has. BUT, MAN WOULD I LIKE IT REMOVED COMPLETELY, if i pay the $500.00!! Just dont know if responsing to BBB with PFD request is a good idea.

Message 2 of 6
Season79
Contributor

Anyone, should i reply to BBB stating i will pay settlement only if LVNV removes the tradeline... i know you guys are full of great advice and im in need of some today! thank you much...

Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Why did you file a BBB complaint to begin with?  Some insight might be helpful.

Message 4 of 6
Season79
Contributor

This was my complaint:

This is in regards to LVNV (Resurgent Capital Services LP) reporting incorrect and unlawful data on all three of my credit reports. They are reporting themselves on my reports as a Factoring Company.  I am not sure this is even my debt as I have never received valid account information from LVNV. The account is listed as an open account as well. I have no agreement with LVNV and never have so this cannot be an open account.They are also adding different amounts to the balance monthly, never the same rate or percentage. And i have sent DV letters for over 2 years asking for information on the account. And each time they update the CRA, they put the item as a new collection on my CR.

I have sent settlement letters to them this past 2 years offering 300-400 bucks just to get them off my CR. And DV letters. But, no luck. However, i am ok with paying $500.00 they offered in response to the BBB complaint. BUT its not going to solve my problem with my CR. I am looking into buying a home in the next 1-2 and want them gone now.

I dont want to pay the $500.00 and lose any possible leverage in asking for them to remove the account from my CA.  LVNV is not known for processing GW request, from what i have read.

Thank you!

Message 5 of 6
Season79
Contributor

Should i ask LVNV in my response to the BBB, to remove the tradelines??

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.