cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV BBB response - what's my next course of action?

tag
ecrad17
New Contributor

LVNV BBB response - what's my next course of action?

I filed a complaint with the BBB on June 5th regarding LVNV not sending me a dunning, not responding to my DV, and questioning whether or not they're licensed in my state (still haven't figured out the answer to that one). I received this response from them today. Basically, I think this is a bogus excuse - I asked that they not contact me by phone so that's why they didn't send me a DV - they just ignored it until I filed my complaint. What should my next course of action be? I'm definatly not accepting this letter, just not sure how to word my rejection. So annoyed with LVNV!!!

June 14, 2012

[name and address redacted]

RE:      Emily C.; Case/File No. 906***

Previous Creditor:  MHC Receivables LLC

Original Creditor: Credit One Bank, N.A.

Current Owner:  LVNV Funding LLC

Account Number:  4447***

Reference Number:  361***

Current Balance:  $975.09

Dear Ms. [name redacted]:

This letter is in response to your correspondence dated June 5, 2012 regarding the above referenced account. LVNV Funding LLC (“LVNV”) currently owns account number ending in 5284. Resurgent Capital Services L.P. (“Resurgent”) is the master servicer of accounts owned by LVNV.  The account was previously sold by MHC Receivables LLC (“MHC”) on or about May 21, 2009 at which time the balance was $690.47. As of the date of this communication, the account balance is $975.09.  Because interest, payments, credits, fees, and/or other permissible charges can continue to cause the account balance to vary from day to day, you should contact us at 888-665-0374 to determine the exact balance. Please review the following account information:

1. MHC advised that this account originated on August 26, 2008 and was opened with Credit One Bank, N.A. (“Credit One Bank”).
  2. This account charged off on April 6, 2009 with a balance of $690.47.
  3. No payments have been received on this account since LVNV’s acquisition in May 2009.
  4. Enclosed is the charge off bill statement, received from MHC, for this account.

All rights to collect were transferred to LVNV when this account was purchased from the previous creditor.  Therefore, this account is being reported to the three major consumer reporting agencies.  The original creditor also retains the right to report the history of this account from the origination date to charge off.

Please be advised Resurgent utilizes third party collection agencies to collect on its behalf. This account was placed with Allied Interstate on May 21, 2009 to collect on the unpaid balance. We have confirmed with their office that an initial notice was mailed to Ms. C. on May 25, 2009, prior to the credit bureau reporting of this account on July 10, 2009.

Additionally, Resurgent did not provide validation of debt in response to Ms. C.’s May 1, 2012 request due to the fact that her letter requested that we cease telephone contact with her.  Accordingly, this account was placed in a cease status, which resulted in no further contact, written or otherwise, from Resurgent. 

If, after review of the above referenced information Ms. C. believes this account is fraudulent, a complete police/incident report regarding the fraud, or a notarized fraud or identity theft affidavit (blank forms are available at the FTC’s website: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/microsites/idtheft/) will help us resolve this complaint.  If this account was paid or settled in full, the settlement offer, cancelled check(s), and/or confirmation of payment in full would help us resolve this complaint.  In addition, if Ms. C has any correspondence to/from MHC and/or Credit One Bank concerning her dispute, it may help with our investigation, so please have her forward it to:

Compliance Department    or     Fax:  866-467-0918

MS 250

P.O. Box 10497                      

Greenville, SC 29603

If we do not receive additional information from you within 45 days of the date this letter is received, then we will assume this dispute is resolved.  If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please contact Customer Service at 888-665-0374.

Sincerely,

[name redacted]

Compliance Department                                             

Resurgent Capital Services L.P.

Enclosure

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ecrad17
New Contributor

Re: LVNV BBB response - what's my next course of action?

And I never received the dunning they say they sent in May of 2009.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.