Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV- DOFD does not match the original DOFD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LVNV- DOFD does not match the original DOFD

chromatech wrote:
All of the credit reports agree that the first time a payment was missed was April 2006. I'm just questioning why LVNV would have a DOFD when the account was still in good standing with HSBC.

Should I still DV the attorney that is trying to collect on behalf of LVNV?

I would never DV an account that is within months of SOL expiring, if the account is large enough that I feel I could be sued on it.

Having said that, only you know the full circumstances and only you can make the decision to DV or not.

Yes, LVNV is reporting the wrong DOFD.

IMO, after SOL expired, then I would DV LVNV.
Message 11 of 13
hotmeg
New Contributor

Sorry to interrupt but can a CA have a different date opened than the originial creditor has?

Example

Midland Credit Management

Date Opened: 12/2007

Speigel ( the OC)

Date opened: 09/2001

Speigel is due to drop off but im worried that midland will stay on because they bought the debt, but is that legal to change open date and then leave it there? Speigel accidently listed 2x on report but drop in Sep!
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Date open really means nothing.

The date open a CA reports is usually the date they "open" the account in thier office.

Keep copies of your CR showing the OC and when they are reporting DOFD as.

Is the CA listed as a TL or as a collection. What DOFD or removal date do they show.

Curious why Spiegal is dropping in September if just opened in 09/2001, what is DOFD?

hotmeg wrote:
Sorry to interrupt but can a CA have a different date opened than the originial creditor has?

Example

Midland Credit Management

Date Opened: 12/2007

Speigel ( the OC)

Date opened: 09/2001

Speigel is due to drop off but im worried that midland will stay on because they bought the debt, but is that legal to change open date and then leave it there? Speigel accidently listed 2x on report but drop in Sep!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.