cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV Funding BBB Complaint Response?

tag
KingAcro

LVNV Funding BBB Complaint Response?

I sent a complaint to the BBB for LVNV to see if I could remove them off of my credit report.  This is what I received.  Any help in fighting this?

September 4, 2013 

Better Business Bureau of Upstate South Carolina  

408 N. Church St. Suite C 

Greenville, SC 29601-2164 

RE:      name; Case/File No. 00000000

Previous Creditor:  Arrow Financial Services, LLC 

Original Creditor:  Bank of America, N.A. 

Current Owner:  LVNV Funding, LLC 

Account Number:  00000000000

Reference Number:  00000000 

Current Balance:  $3,679.62 

Dear: 

Please note that Resurgent takes its customer service and consumer protection obligations very seriously and has significant staff dedicated to its compliance related functions in order to identify, resolve and permanently correct operational deficiencies or improve upon customer concerns.  We respectfully disagree with Mr. Scott’s statements regarding our company’s practices. Furthermore, we have an A+ rating with the Upstate South Carolina Better Business Bureau.   

This letter is in response to your correspondence dated August 21, 2013 regarding the above referenced account.  LVNV Funding, LLC (“LVNV”) currently owns the account number ending in 0826.  Resurgent Capital Services L.P. (“Resurgent”) is the servicer of the account owned by LVNV.  The account was previously sold by Arrow Financial Services, LLC (“Arrow”) on or about September 30, 2011.  As of the date of this communication, the account balance is $3,679.62.  Please review the following account information:  

1. This account originated on February 10, 2005 with Bank of America, N.A. (“BOA”) and was opened with Fia Card Services N.A. (“FIA”). 
  2. This account charged off on November 29, 2008. 
  3. The last payment in the amount of $10.00 was received on July 31, 2008. 
  4. No payments have been received on this account since Resurgent started servicing it in September 2011. 

Receipt of this complaint is the first communication, written or otherwise that Resurgent has received from*** regarding the above referenced account.   In accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act, a request to update the LVNV tradeline as “disputed” will be submitted to the three major consumer reporting agencies during the next reporting cycle.  

Resurgent utilizes third party collection agencies to service accounts on its behalf. This account has been placed with various agencies for servicing since LVNV’s acquisition. Any notification requirements for this account would have been met by these collection agencies. 

The consumer reporting agencies reporting guidelines have defined a “factoring company” as a company or individual who purchases accounts with the intent of collecting debts owed.  Therefore, the term is accurate in this situation and the account is reported correctly. 

If, after review of the above referenced information,*** believes this account is fraudulent, we ask that he provide a completed police/incident report regarding the fraud, or a notarized fraud or identity theft affidavit in order to help us resolve this matter.  Blank forms are available at the FTC’s website: http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/pdf-0094-identity-theft-affidavit.pdf.   

If this account was paid or settled in full; then, the settlement offer, cancelled check(s), and/or confirmation of payment in full would help us resolve this complaint.  

In addition, if *** has any correspondence to/from BOA, FIA and/or Arrow concerning his dispute, it may help with our investigation, so please have him forward it to: 

Compliance Department    or     Fax:  866-467-0918 

MS 250 

P.O. Box 10497                        

Greenville, SC 29603 

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please contact Customer Service at 888-665-0374. 

Sincerely, 

<vSmiley Tongueath o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"><o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"> 

Compliance Department                                               

Resurgent Capital Services L.P. 

Edited to remove names guiness56, myFICO Moderator.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
bmis42988
New Contributor

Re: LVNV Funding BBB Complaint Response?

wrong forum. I'd talk to rebuilding credit first, if they can't provide an answer i would seek expert legal help.

TU: 687 EQ: 670 EX: 665
Message 2 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum! I going to have this moved to our Rebuilding Forum for you. You will receive excellent advice for your specific need.
Message 3 of 5
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

OP:  Is the account fradulent, or is it yours?

Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.