cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV Funding Calls this a validation? What the....?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LVNV Funding Calls this a validation? What the....?

About 3 weeks ago I sent dispute letters to the CRA's. One TL I disputed was a CA -LVNV Funding for $2,177. I had not yet sent a DV to them as I was waiting on the reports back from the CRA's. Yesterday I recieved a letter from LVNV (my 1st ever from them) stating "This account has been placed with Resurgent Capital Services. Enclosed please find an original validation of debt that verifies the debt. If you have any further questions, blah, blah, blah." The other sheet enclosed says " Validation of Debt March 25, 2010 As of the date of this communication, you owe $2,205.66 on account # 418XXXXxx, which is now owned by LVNV Funding. Should you desire to pay off the account in full, you should contact us @ blah blah blah" And that was it! I'm absolutely fuming right now!!!!!! Please help me figure out how to word the letter I intend to send back to them... I'm horrible at letter writing, but I'm no idiot. What kind of so call validation is that?????? Anyone ever get a crappy "validation" like this from them? How did you handle them?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: LVNV Funding Calls this a validation? What the....?

Send them a DV and see if you get anything differently.

When you ask for validation the only thing they have to send you is who currently has the debt and how much it is.

If you dispute any portion of the debt or ask specifically for the OC, then they have to give you that information.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That makes sense. I'm considering sending them this letter: This letter is being sent to you in response to a notice sent to me on MArch 25, 2010. Be advised that this is not a refusal to pay, but a notice sent pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (b) that your claim is disputed and validation is requested. I dispute the validity of the debt, and am requesting your full validation of the alleged debt. Following is, at a minimum, what I need from you as validation of your collection activities under the FDCPA. First, please provide me with a copy of the most recent letter of assignment or ownership upon which you base you authority to Notice me for your collection activities. Second, upon receipt of proof of your legal authority to act with respect to this matter, I further request full verification of the original debt asserted by the original creditor. Specifically, I request disclosure of the name and address of the original creditor upon whom this activity allegedly originated, and a copy of the original signed agreement between that creditor and myself. Third, I request verification of the complete amount of the currently asserted indebtedness. I again request that this verification come directly from the creditor, and not merely from an itemization from your files. I do not consider records from your files as being sufficient for this purpose. Statements from the original creditor are essential. Further, if you are have added any additional charges to the amount of the alleged original debt, such as your fees, additional interest or penalties, or any legal fees, I request specific itemization of all such asserted debts and fees as your full disclosure of my asserted current liability. See FTC Opinion Letter, 3/10/93, available at www.ftc.gov/statutes/fdcpa/letters/wollman.htm, and federal court precedent, e.g., Fields v. Wilber (7th Cir 2004). In summary, this is a request for full validation under section 809 of the FDCPA. Upon receipt of this letter, I demand that you fully cease any and all collection activities, including reporting to the Credit Reporting Agencies, until such time as you have provided the required verification and validation. Sincerely, My Name Any comments would be greatly appreciated. I'm new at this....and am affraid I will screw something up. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You can send it but you know they do not have a time frame in which to respond.  They just cannot continue collection activity until they do.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So can you give me any ideas as to how to word it? I'm not sure how many days I should say........
Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Simple will work just fine.

I found that you were reporting this account xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on my CR.  Please validate.

You can't give them a time frame to respond. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.