cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV Funding/Capital Management Services- PFD Advice?!?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LVNV Funding/Capital Management Services- PFD Advice?!?

I have one collection account listed on my credit report as LVNV.  I am so frustrated trying to get this resolved!  I sent a PFD letter over 60 days ago to LVNV.  No response.  

However, today I get an offer for settlement of $761 from Capital Management Services.  I realize that LVNV & Capital Management are really the same company.  My question is, should I call Capital Management directly and offer PFD? The balance shown on my credit report is $2,532.  I am willing to offer 80% just to have this negative mark on my CR go away!  

Do I stand a better change of having it deleted if I PIF?   

Any advice on what my next step should be? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LVNV Funding/Capital Management Services- PFD Advice?!?

How old is this account? When is it due to fall off? What type of account is it, i.e. credit card, loan, cell phone? Is it beyond SOL?
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LVNV Funding/Capital Management Services- PFD Advice?!?

Make your PFD offer.  I think that at the point they refuse your offer, you either offer PIF or a higher %.

Some CAs don't do PFDs, and we know that most OCs don't consider them.  All you can do is try!

There are definitely some folks who won't pay anything without the PFD.  If you're lucky enough to have a creditor that won't sue you, or your willing to wait to pay until they file a lawsuit, then go for it.  But I think it's risky.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.