cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV Funding LLC - How do I deal with them?

tag
mrrichsin

LVNV Funding LLC - How do I deal with them?

Hi guys and gals,

Any help would be appreciated.

I currently have a collection on my accounts for LVNV for $643:

Remarks: Account information disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements

Original Creditor Name: 12 CREDIT ONE BANK N A

I was wondering what is the best way to go about settling this account? I just paid a small Portfolio Recovery collection over the phone also, for about 60% of the amount. 

Also, I have read that some people dispute the collections after paying via mail to try to remove it altogether, is this possible with these two accounts which have been disputed and verified?

These are the only two collections I have on file, so this is my first step. I am hoping to goodwill and try to remove some lates after this. 

Current credit TU: 571 EQ: 567

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LVNV Funding LLC - How do I deal with them?

While I don't know about the disputing, my word of advice is at least settle/PIF/set up a payment plan. Do something. They are a petty company. They sued me over a credit one card, and my balance was almost identical. Just short of $650. I was astonished when I got servcedbthe papers for something so low! That's my biggest advice; you do not want a judgment over something so small. I'm just lucky my judgment didn't fit the criteria and was removed from my account this July.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wanted to add that they were willing to do a payment plan for me as at the time they refused to settle, but it was also newer and they clearly had the ball in their court.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll sell the collection to someone else and then keep reporting it. That's what they did with one of my accounts many years ago. I pointed it out to the bureaus and they removed both from my reports. LVNV is terrible.

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Paying the debt does not establish any basis for disputing the reported collection.

To the contrary, clear CRA reporting policy instructs furnishers not to delete based on payment of the debt.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.