cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV Funding LLC

tag
bradleysc7

LVNV Funding LLC

Hi, I'm a recent graduate student who didn't even realize that I had a charged off credit card until I received a letter from this company. My account was under my credit limit but because I missed three payments it was closed and sent to collections without my knowledge.

Contacted the company this morning and they were extremely rude and dismissive. Can anyone provide any information about how you were able to get a PFD with this company and who you contacted at Credit One to get your tradelines removed. I would be extremely appreciative. Even if I can just get rid of LVNV reporting it would be a huge help. Disapointing to spend 8 years in school getting a doctorate only to have this company hit my credit report without my knowledge right when I'm getting started. 

Starting Score: EQ: 577; TU: 620
Current Score: EQ: 616; TU: 620
Goal Score: Above 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LVNV Funding LLC

Good Luck LVNV is one of the worst collection companies ever !!!! I havnt heard of them removing anything...Your better off working with original creditor.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you not know you were no longer paying it?

Message 3 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You would have been aware had the creditor reported the delinquencies and/or the charge-off on the credit card.

They apparently chose not to report to the CRAs, and thus you thus benefitted from the creditor not reporting derogs under their account.

Does the creditor still own the debt, or have they sold the debt to the debt collector?

If they have sold the debt, they cannot accept payment or take any action regarding the reporting of the debt collector, and in fact, contact might result in their deciding to now report their account and derogs.  I would not contact the creditor if they have sold the debt.

If the creditor has not sold the debt, you could call then and offer to pay under the condition that they first terminate their assignment to the debt collector.

That will, under CRA reporting procedure, permit deletion of any collection that might be reported.

Alternately, you could contact the debt collector and obtain agreement that they will not report in exchange for your payment of the debt.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bradleysc7 wrote:

Hi, I'm a recent graduate student who didn't even realize that I had a charged off credit card until I received a letter from this company. My account was under my credit limit but because I missed three payments it was closed and sent to collections without my knowledge.

Contacted the company this morning and they were extremely rude and dismissive. Can anyone provide any information about how you were able to get a PFD with this company and who you contacted at Credit One to get your tradelines removed. I would be extremely appreciative. Even if I can just get rid of LVNV reporting it would be a huge help. Disapointing to spend 8 years in school getting a doctorate only to have this company hit my credit report without my knowledge right when I'm getting started. 

I was able to get a goodwill deletion with Credit One; that being said, the collection agency was Midland Funding, not LVNV.  Credit One and LVNV are subsidiaries of Sherman Financial Group which will make getting the collection removed a lot hard.  I was lucky that with the Consent Order against Encore Capital (i.e. Midland Funding) my collection was also removed early off my reports. 

Regardless to how the account ended up being charged off, you have the choice of paying it or letting it ride.  The sooner you pay it, the sooner you can begin a GW campaign with Credit One who has in my case shown a willingness to delete the tradeline. 

Message 5 of 10
GA8080
Contributor

I am also about to tackle LVNV and credit one. I will let you know if I make any progress!
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

GA8080, did you make any progress with LVNV/CreditOne?

Message 7 of 10
GA8080
Contributor

Well, I sent a pfd letter and did not receive a formal response. I did however receive a settlement offer from yet another CA related to LVNV/Resurgent offering to settle at my pfd amount, which was 50%. Not sure what I am going to do next.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

LVNV is a part of the Sherman Shark Tank.  They buy debt and force you to pay .  I rather doubt they would take PFD but they make many FDCA mistakes and you could end up with a delete and them paying you some cash if you watch them carefully. 

Message 9 of 10
Lucky7z
Regular Contributor

My brother has a credit one debt with LVNV they aren't willing to delete is there anyway around this?
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.