Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV Funding. The Buck Stops Here.

tag
lpayton
Regular Contributor

LVNV Funding. The Buck Stops Here.

I am done playing "dispute" games with this group of scum.

I have sent the following letter to the BBB of South Carolina, and CC'd the State AG, the FTC, and all three Major's:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Better Business Bureau, South Carolina

RE: LVNV Funding

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing you today to lodge a formal complaint against Resurgent/LVNV Funding LLC. This debt collector placed marks on all three of my credit reports (Equifax, Experian, and Transunion) without proper notification, as I received no dunning notification per required by the FDCPA legislation. Credit reporting is considered collection activity. When I attempted to send debt validation to the address they provided, the notification was sent back to me with information that did not legally validate this debt as mine.

This company has an F with the Better Business Bureau, and has effectively destroyed my chances of getting a mortgage, as they have also incorrectly listed these accounts as Installment loans on all three credit reports instead of a collection account.

Additionally, they have listed this item as a Factoring Lender, when per FCRA collection companies are not.  They have also reported this account to all three major reporting bureaus as being opened in 2011, when the date of the original debt is actually from 2005 which is a clearly misleading reporting tactic.

I am requesting your office look into these allegations and help me procure a deletion from all three credit reporting agencies until this company can successfully validate my debt as they are mandated by law to do.

I am considering legal action against Resurgent/LVNV, however, I felt compelled to urge your office to help me in my crusade to remove LVNV Funding and reestablish my name and credit. I am not sure if this debt is mine or not, however, their inability to provide correct addresses, dates, validation, and their intentional act of misleading their reporting should be enough to sue them, and should be enough for your office to force their compliance in this issue.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To Whom It May Concern:

Enclosed is a copy of a letter that I have sent to the Better Business Bureau of South Carolina.  I have also sent certified copies to the SC Attorney General’s office, as well as the FTC, and all three major reporting bureaus.

Your illegal, unethical, and amoral collection tactics will not be tolerated or excused.

If this is not corrected immediately, I will file suit for violation of my rights as a consumer.

Sincerely,

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And I mean it.  If they do not stop this, i am going to seek legal counsel.  I am done with the games. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
sarahcatherinemay
Regular Contributor

Re: LVNV Funding. The Buck Stops Here.

Go get em!!!!

Starting Score: 525
Current Score: EQ Fico 766 | TU Fico 715 | EX Fico 753
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5

Any luck on getting this deleted yet? I have the same idiots on my credit and they havent responded to verification requests.

Message 3 of 5
clpoag

it is my understanding that the CA has to comply with the DV and if they can't validate the CRA has to remove the file.  maybe try scanning all the bogus info they sent you and file a dispute regarding the account and attach the info from the CA that doesn't validate the debt?

Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@clpoag wrote:

it is my understanding that the CA has to comply with the DV and if they can't validate the CRA has to remove the file.  maybe try scanning all the bogus info they sent you and file a dispute regarding the account and attach the info from the CA that doesn't validate the debt?

No, you are talking about 2 different animals.

A dispute with the CRA would mean a deletion if the furnisher could not verify the debt.

A DV is sent to a collection agency.  They are under no obligation to even respond to a DV, they just cannot continue collection activity.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.