cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV Funding & some questions

tag
vegasj

LVNV Funding & some questions

Hello all, newbie here. I found these forums during a search for the noted compnay above & read an eye full! This is winded & I appoligize for that now. Smiley Happy

I have a few questions or opinions to ask on my situation...

The back story: June 2013 I applied with USAA for an auto loan and was approved. I had been working on rebuilding my credit since 2009/2010 & it looked like it had paid off. I had 1 charge off account on my CRs for $904 which was from 2007-2009. That account has popped in my mailbox on and off from various CAs, all who received a letter for DV from me immediately... & after that was sent I'd never hear about it until the NEXT CA sent a letter. It was bounced around about 4-5 times & no one wanted to validate it.

Fast forward to Sept 2013:

I applied for credit with a mattress store of all places. This purchase was planned to be paid off with tax returns & was 0% interest for 12 mo. Perfect. Denied. Wait, WHAT?!?!

Yup, denied. So I wondered how I was denied for a $1200 mattress yet just approved months prior for over $16,000?!?!

Enter LVNV Funding. The reporting agency that denied me was TU, so I got my report from them & saw it right there, LVNV FUnding with a Las Vegas, NV PO Box address as a CA for $2,500!! The account? The previous charge off of $904...from 2007-2009.

So, I loaded up the letters...

I sent LVNV Funding a letter for DV in Nov 2013 after receiving my report from TU. I never heard back from them, at all. So, in Feb 2014 I sent letters to all 3 reporting companies with copies of my certified signed mailing & letter I had sent to LVNV & disputed the account asking them to remove it from my CR.

TU - sent back a letter stating the account info will be deleted. SCORE!

Until... Both EX & EQ stated the account had been validated and updated the info & their listing with LVNV Funding has a Greenville, SC po box address, not the Vegas po box as my TU report showed.

On to my questions/opinions needed.

This LVNV account is slated to be removed in July 2014 as well as the original acc. for $904. So should I just hold off until July & let them "fall off" or push the issue with EX & EQ that TU deleted the item & request a method of validation from them?

Also, even though I didn't send my DV letter to LVNV Funding at the EX & EQ address of SC,but sent it to the Vegas address listed on the TU report, shouldn't they still be obligated to remove all colection activity reported since they ignored my letter for DV? I understand they have 30 days to respond & failure to do so puts them in violations... does it count that I didn't have their main address at the time my DV letter went out?

Since LVNV in Vegas signed for my letter of DV, they received it in Nov & yet without validatiing they continue to report it to all 3 agencies... isn't that a $1,000 per violation?

I'm a little confused on which way to go from here.

ps - I should add more info. The OC WAS Amer. General Finance who closed up in 2009, parent or sister company of "Springleaf" took it over, all child companies of the great AIG. Yes, Mr. $98 billion bailout AIG. So both AGF and Springleaf show acocunts on my report & now this LVNV Funding. Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tld1104
Contributor

Re: LVNV Funding & some questions

I have 2 LVNV's on my report...one is due to fall off 7/2014 and the other 10/2014.  I just sent an early deletion request to Transunion and was successfull in getting one of the OC deleted, however the LVNV is still there.  I'm also wondering the best way to go about getting them off since they are so close to falling of on their own. 

Oh and my husband has a judgement on his credit from AIG (Springleaf)!  

Starting Score: 3/2014 - TU FICO 566, EQ FICO 569, EX FICO 563
Current Score: TU FICO 684, EQ FICO 662, EX FICO 664
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
vegasj

I couldn't wait... this had over 50 views & no input.

This morning I filed a complaint with the CFPB (Consumer Finance Protection Bureau) on LVNV.

I'm almost certain since they

1) never informed me of the collection before posting to all 3 CRAs & 

2) ignored my DV request

They are in violation & I requested the CFPB have them remove their postings on my reports. We'll see what happens!

Message 3 of 7
AshKetchem151
New Visitor

I'm interested to know how this works out for you. I too have a lingering LVNV as a baddie I'm trying to eliminate. I'm brand new to this entire process, so I don't even know where to start. 

Message 4 of 7
vegasj

Just thought I'd update:

I received an email from the CFPB this morning. I guess when you file a dispute with them they check to see if it is a valid complaint or not before moving forward...

"We’ve sent your complaint to the company for a response. We will let you know when the company responds. The response should include the steps they took, or will take, in response to your complaint. You should receive a status update within the next 15 days."

crossing fingers. I guess the CFPB feels my compaint was a valid one! In my complaint they asked what remmedy would I like the company to do... uh, remove accounts from all 3 CBs!!!
Message 5 of 7
vegasj

*sigh*

So, LVNV had 15 days to respond to the CFPB complaint... here we are, 15th day & I received an email that they responded...

Response:

We are currently investigating this matter and will provide a respone as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Now they "bought" another 60 days to follow up with that. W.T.F.

Maybe I should just send letters to the 3 reporting agencies and ask them for early deletions? What do you guys think. I'm lookikng to buy my 1st house soon... & would love the lowest rate possible!

Message 6 of 7
Season79
Contributor

What was the outcome? Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.