cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV Funding listed as Factoring Account

tag
krencse

LVNV Funding listed as Factoring Account

I have a LVNV Funding on my credit reports & they are listing themselves as a Factoring Company Account.  From what I have read, they are not a Factoring Account. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: LVNV Funding listed as Factoring Account

Unfortunately there is no violation for them listing themselves as a Factoring Account. 

Message 2 of 4
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Same here, but it isn't factoring into utilization. 

I'm waiting until I have a lump sum to hit them up for a payoff.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Factoring is the legitimate business practice of purchasing accounts receivable from another creditor who wishes to immediately convert their yet unreceived assets into immediate cash.  It is simply a statment of a type of business they purport to conduct.

The issue with some debt collectors who state their business involves factoring is that they also report that when theiy receive the account, the consumer then has an installment loan with them.  Purchase of an account does not convert a revolving account agreement to an installment account agreement with the new owner.

I would not dispute or file a complaint with the CFPB simply over thier assertion of being a factoring company unless you have clear evidence that they are not involved in that business.  The real issue is their claim of an installment account with them when no such agreement exists.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.