cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV Funding- please read if you have had any success!

tag
webs0082
Valued Member

LVNV Funding- please read if you have had any success!

I know that LVNV is a pain to deal with, and there is a lot about them on the boards, but it doesn't seem like most of what is out there applies to me. I see a lot of people have gotten LVNV removed through the BBB. I don't think I really have a case with the BBB- the debt is mine and I don't see anything wrong with how they are reporting it. I just want to get them off my CR because they won't fall off until March 2017 and are my most recent baddie!!

Anyway, if anyone has any advice for getting them to PFD, or maybe something I am missing with the BBB PLEASE let me know! Also, if anyone has email or regular addresses for LVNV that have worked for them, PLEASE PM me.

Thanks so much!!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: LVNV Funding- please read if you have had any success!

@webs0082 wrote:

I know that LVNV is a pain to deal with, and there is a lot about them on the boards, but it doesn't seem like most of what is out there applies to me. I see a lot of people have gotten LVNV removed through the BBB. I don't think I really have a case with the BBB- the debt is mine and I don't see anything wrong with how they are reporting it. I just want to get them off my CR because they won't fall off until March 2017 and are my most recent baddie!!

Anyway, if anyone has any advice for getting them to PFD, or maybe something I am missing with the BBB PLEASE let me know! Also, if anyone has email or regular addresses for LVNV that have worked for them, PLEASE PM me.

Thanks so much!!

How exactly are they reporting?

My major beef was I wasn't able to DV them because the address they list on credit reports (including most everyone on this forum who has done this) has been inaccurate. This was my major problem with them. How can I confirm a debt is mine if I cannot send them a proper DV?

I understand I can call, I understand all that, but this was the fundamental basis for my BBB complaint.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 8
SFernandez13461
Frequent Contributor

I had a debt owned by LVNV that had been transferred to another CA (Northland Group, Inc.). I settled with Northland for about 30% of the balance even though I wasn't able to negotiate for a PFD and a few months later sent a GW directly to LVNV. To my surprise, they deleted after my first request.

I know they have a pretty bad reputation, but you never know when you might reach a reasonable person. Personally, I don't start filing complaints or getting really aggressive with a CA unless and until they start playing dirty. If the debt's valid and they're reporting appropriately, you might want to try being direct and courteous and making a PFD offer.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck. 

EX 695, EQ 703, TU 681 (1/17)
Message 3 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I had my attorney send them a letter after they had ignored me.  Then it was like a ghost town, everything deleted, as if they never existed.  Might be worth it.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 8
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@SFernandez13461 wrote:

I had a debt owned by LVNV that had been transferred to another CA (Northland Group, Inc.). I settled with Northland for about 30% of the balance even though I wasn't able to negotiate for a PFD and a few months later sent a GW directly to LVNV. To my surprise, they deleted after my first request.

I know they have a pretty bad reputation, but you never know when you might reach a reasonable person. Personally, I don't start filing complaints or getting really aggressive with a CA unless and until they start playing dirty. If the debt's valid and they're reporting appropriately, you might want to try being direct and courteous and making a PFD offer.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck. 

I agree with you in principal.

But LVNV has been playing dirty with many people, for far too long. They misreport, they put invalid addresses on credit reports, they report debt that is well beyond the CRTP, and they are just overall worse than any of the other companies I have dealt with, and I have dealt with a lot of them.

I mentioned in previous posts, that when I called Resurgent (who handles many LVNV accounts, same parent company) the CSRs there were nice, helpful, even apologetic at times. But their tactics towards me, and other posts, lead me to advise people to go straight to BBB with them.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 5 of 8
webs0082
Valued Member

I just got a Score Wath alert that LVNV has increased my balance by $224!!!!!! I understand interest charges but $224 at once? Not okay with me. Also the alert says my balance increased on 2 accounts, but they only show once on my CR. Can I report this huge increase to the BBB? Is there anything I can do about it?
Message 6 of 8
RocketChick
New Contributor

@ webs0082 They did the same exact thing to me, but they only increased it by $13. But I dont understand how they can increase the balance on a "Collection Account".. Are they really able to do this?  (.By the way I just filed a complaint with the BBB against them on Tuesday.)
Message 7 of 8
webs0082
Valued Member

I have seen small increases like that before. I'm not happy about it, but I do understand that there are interest charges, etc. I don't understand how it would increase by over $200 at once though. That is ridiculous. I don't know if I should dispute it or report to BBB. Any advice?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.