Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV Funding question.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LVNV Funding question.

I need some advice on how to deal with LVNV funding. On my TU CR it shows them as a factoring company account. It also shows as an open account and the date opened is 10/26/2007. Shouldnt the date opened be the same date opened for the OC? And from what it looks like to me, they are reporting inaccurately so should I first send a DV to LVNV or should I dispute w/the CRA's? I really want to have this removed from my credit report.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: LVNV Funding question.

@Anonymous wrote:

I need some advice on how to deal with LVNV funding. On my TU CR it shows them as a factoring company account. It also shows as an open account and the date opened is 10/26/2007. Shouldnt the date opened be the same date opened for the OC? And from what it looks like to me, they are reporting inaccurately so should I first send a DV to LVNV or should I dispute w/the CRA's? I really want to have this removed from my credit report.

A factoring company account is another term for collection agency. Date opened on a CA's TL is the date they acquired the debt. It has nothing to do with how long something is to report. The date that matters is DOFD. The DOFD must match the OC and CA.

I'd send a DV if you haven't done so already. If they verify and you agree, then send a PFD.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info. Where can I find the DOL on TU and EX? Also, should this account be listed as open and a loan account when I havent had a loan w/them and they are a CA?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went through the BBB and had my TL from LVN delted. Never received any dunning or anything and it just showed up on my CRs, so I went right to the BBB and within a week resolved it. good luck

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.