Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV Funding success!!

tag
Zillarex
New Contributor

Re: LVNV Funding success!!

Ok, we have all received the BBB deleted email. The question remains where will lvnv sell this debt to next?? That's my question.
Message 61 of 74
Tallfish0919

Question for you, I to did a BBB dispute and succeeded. Now the original debt that was purchased by this company is it deleted as well?
Started - 02/15/2014
Experian- 594
TransUnion- 568
Equifax- 594

Current -
Experian- 606
TransUnion- 606
Equifax- 580

Message 62 of 74
mrbark

Woman LOL

Names removed...

Message 63 of 74
mrbark

In response to "Ok, we have all received the BBB deleted email. The question remains where will lvnv sell this debt to next?? That's my question."

They can't sell the debt to anyone, they're just admitted that debt is not valid. If they do, just present this letter to the new DC and they won't have a leg to stand on.

Message 64 of 74
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@mrbark wrote:

In response to "Ok, we have all received the BBB deleted email. The question remains where will lvnv sell this debt to next?? That's my question."

They can't sell the debt to anyone, they're just admitted that debt is not valid. If they do, just present this letter to the new DC and they won't have a leg to stand on.

My letter never said it wasn't valid. They usually just say the have returned the account to the OC, or, in many cases, they just indicate they will no longer be pursuing collection on this account. Did they ever admit if was a fraud account?!?!

They will resell it.

I am already dealing with the second wave collector on the same debt I had deleted before, this time, another Sherman entitity dunning...

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 65 of 74
springave1

Got Resurgent/Lvnv to remove from tradeline. BBB,FTC,AG plus constant letters to Resuregent was my attack .They will remove if they see that you have basic knowledge on the law and wont back down from there couple of letters they send you claiming the debt is valid. my score shot up 130 points

Message 66 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi congratulations! I'm new to fico forums and have been reading the advise given on many LVNV success threads. I followed their advise and filed a complaint with the BBB in SC. I wrote that I'm not asking for them to prove they own the debt, I want to find out if the debt is mine. I received a response today stating they own the account and the account was previously sold by Capital One. They claim to have confirmed with Firstsource Advantage that they mailed an initial notice on March 4, 2008, which is not true. They go on to say that a negative notice was mailed on May 5, 2008 which is not true. Lastly, they also included Capital One statements in pdf format with their BBB response. I don't know how to proceed from this point. Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

This letter is in response to your correspondence dated February 25, 2013 regarding the above referenced account. LVNV Funding LLC (“LVNV”) currently owns the account number ending in [redacted]. Resurgent Capital Services L.P. (“Resurgent”) is the servicer of the account owned by LVNV.  The account was previously sold by Capital One Bank (USA), N.A. (“Capital One”) on or about February 28, 2008. As of the date of this communication, the account balance is $1,596.21.  Please review the following account information:

1. This account originated on September 17, 2004 with Capital One.
  2. This account charged off on February 5, 2008 with a balance of $1,005.04.
  3. The last payment in the amount of $15.00 was received on June 25, 2007.
  4. No payments have been received on this account since Resurgent started servicing in on February 28, 2008.
  5. Enclosed are bill statements on file for this account.

Resurgent utilizes third party collection agencies to collect on its behalf. This account was placed with Firstsource Advantage on March 4, 2008 for collections. We have confirmed with their office that an initial notice was mailed to Ms. [redacted] on March 6, 2008.  A negative reporting notice was mailed to Ms. [redacted] on May 5, 2008.

In accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act, a request to update the LVNV tradeline as disputed will be submitted to the three major consumer reporting agencies during the next reporting cycle.

If, after review of the above referenced information and enclosed documentation Ms. [redacted] believes this account is fraudulent, we would ask for a completed police/incident report regarding the fraud, or a notarized fraud or identity theft affidavit in order to help us resolve this matter.  Blank forms are available at the FTC’s website: http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/pdf-0094-identity-theft-affidavit.pdf.  If this account was paid or settled in full, the settlement offer, cancelled check(s), and/or confirmation of payment in full would help us resolve this complaint.  In addition, if Ms. [redacted] has any correspondence to/from Capital One concerning her dispute, it may help with our investigation, so please have her forward it to:

Compliance Department    or     Fax:  866-467-0918

MS 250

P.O. Box 10497                      

Greenville, SC 29603

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please contact Customer Service at 888-665-0374.

Sincerely,

P. Holladay

Compliance Department                                             

Resurgent Capital Services L.P.

Enclosures

Message 67 of 74
springave1

I called there bluff and filled out a fraud affidavit got it notarized and sent it back.I reaffirmed to them that the debt was not mine and if it wasn't removed I would take legal action which I wasn't going to do but they didn't know that.Dont let those computer print out bills scare u that they send because they are exactly what they are a piece of paper with ur name on it that's it. Those papers mean nothing to me because it still doesnt prove to me that it was ever my acct. To me if u don't have any thing with my signature on it than u can't physically tie me to this acct and believe me they have absolutely nothing than its not mine period.
Message 68 of 74
springave1

Please note I'm saying this is what u should do just informing on what worked for me thanks
Message 69 of 74
MrTraxx

Thanks Hdrider07!  I went directly to the BBB like you mentioned and had the LVNV account removed from all 3 credit bureau agencies!!

Your advice really helped and I appreciate you for that!

Message 70 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.