Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV Funding

tag
lto76
Established Member

LVNV Funding

Hello everyone 

its been a while since i been on the site.  I have back to rebuilding my credit.  I have 1 item on my CR from LVNV Funding.  

Date opened 4/08

First reported 11/08;

date of status 11/08;

recent balance 1064 (CL was 300 High balance 663 with OC)

Responsibility: Individual;

Comment: Acct info disputed by consumer ( meet requirement of fair credit reporting act) this item updated from our processing of your dispute in Nov. 2008

I believe this meets the SOL in PA.  I am sure how to handle this to get this items removed.  Please advise.

Thanks

CURRENT SCORE: TU:639; EQ:649; EX:611
TU:586; EQ: 562 (feb 2010)
Goal Score: MID 700
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: LVNV Funding

@lto76 wrote:

Hello everyone 

its been a while since i been on the site.  I have back to rebuilding my credit.  I have 1 item on my CR from LVNV Funding.  

Date opened 4/08

First reported 11/08;

date of status 11/08;

recent balance 1064 (CL was 300 High balance 663 with OC)

Responsibility: Individual;

Comment: Acct info disputed by consumer ( meet requirement of fair credit reporting act) this item updated from our processing of your dispute in Nov. 2008

I believe this meets the SOL in PA.  I am sure how to handle this to get this items removed.  Please advise.

Thanks

The individual states SOL has nothing to do with the amount of time a negative item may report on your credit report. The time limit is set by the federal FCRA and its 7.5 years from the DoFD of the OC. For this CA account you would need to know the date of first 30 day default that leads to the account beng COed this is the date that states SOL and the CRTP run from. If you find out that more than 7.5 years has passed then I would dispute the item as obsolete and demand its immediate exclusion from your CRs.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

does anybody have a number for them i am trying to make settlements on past balances to increase my score 

Message 3 of 7
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Paying a collection isn't going to increase your score.  The removal of a collection MIGHT give your score a nice boost, or might not.  YMMV.  However, a full removal is always best!

Be CAREFUL with LVNV...get everything in writing.  Your best bet here is to work a removal.  Ask them if they are willing to delete the collection upon payment. 

888-665-0374.

Do you have the cash on hand to settle this?  Don't call unless you do. 

Message 4 of 7
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Removal should be around 7 - 7.5 years, however, I've had a couple drop off earlier than 7 years. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did that they charged me extra for it too but t it was worth it to get it off my credit I shld call back the others to see if I can make the same arrangement
Message 6 of 7
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I did that they charged me extra for it too but t it was worth it to get it off my credit I shld call back the others to see if I can make the same arrangement

Extra for what? To remove it after it's paid off? 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.