Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV Help Please

tag
breakthecycle
Regular Contributor

LVNV Help Please

LVNV has 2 accounts that are on my reports. They are both old. On one of my old reports DOFD 3/03 on Equifax. There is no DOFD on the other reports According to Experian one will come off late next year the other early 2011. Both have been DV over and over. Any advice on working with them. I haven't sent PFD with them. Total is almost $5k. They keep updating them and on my reports its showing up as "a new late payment" or new collection which it isn't. I haven't had a late payment in several years.

Has anyone had success with them for PFD or any other means? Please let me know. I just don't know which route to go with them. I have no desire to have a "debt has been satisfied" letter if I pay. I just would like to have it gone.PFD would be nice, I hear that they don't do PFD's. These 2 accounts are really hurting my scores which is wild because they are so old. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LVNV Help Please

File a dispute with all CRAs reporting.....send this letter along with copies of all DV letters....cert # and copy both sides of all GC.  Also file a complaint with the FTC and AG office in your state and in the state that the CA is in.

Does you state require all CAs to be licensed or bonded. If so are they?

Your name

Address

City,StateZzip

CRA Name

Address

City,State Zip

Date

RE: Account #_________/Original Creditor’s Name

Dear CRA::

This is a request for deletion of a disputed item. I have attempted to have this alleged debt verified by the alleged creditor and collection agency to no avail. I am respectfully requesting that “collection agency” do what is legally mandated by the FCRA and FDCPA, and delete the account listing.

Name of Creditor/collection agency, Account #_________

On XX XX 09, "Collection agency" received a demand for validation from me. Attached is a copy of that letter along with the U.S. Post Office return receipt showing they did indeed receive the request.

As of today, XX XX,09 they have failed to provide any proof or respond in any way.

On XX XX,09, I sent a second letter. Again,I have received no response. Attached is a copy of the letter and U.S.post office showing they did receive that letter.

The FDCPA states they Must cease collection activity until they produce verification of the alleged debt if so requested. As per the FTC, this includes reporting to the credit bureaus, which they obviously have done illegally. It is quite evident that no such proof of this alleged debt exists or they would have provided it in the previous XX months since it was requested.

Also, when an alleged debt is disputed, a notation must be entered on the debtors report showing the item as in dispute. Again this was not done. Another violation of the FDCPA.(DELETE THIS PARAGRAPH IF IT DOES NOT APPLY).

As per the FCRA, if no proof of debt exists, it may not be reported to the credit bureaus.The FCRA also states that the credit reporting agencies must receive written proof from the debtor. Therefore, I am not asking for an investigation to be done, I am requesting that the entry be deleted in its entirety as there is no proof of its existence as evidenced by my attached documented proof.

Sincerely
Your Name PRINTED ONLY
Message 2 of 3
breakthecycle
Regular Contributor

Re: LVNV Help Please

Happydays,

Thanks for the good info. These 2 accounts have been a thorn on my side for a while. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.