Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV IS THE DEBULL!!! Advice needed on filing complaint with BBB

tag
destiny36912
New Contributor

LVNV IS THE DEBULL!!! Advice needed on filing complaint with BBB

Should I file a complaint against LVNV to the BBB if the debt has already been validated by the CRA via dispute? I never received a dunning notice from LVNV. Aren't they in violation of  809(a) FDPCA ?  I only found out about the debt from monitoring my credit report. What are my chances of having this deleted? And if I do get this deleted, what are the chances of this acct resurfacing.

Starting Score: 651
Current Score: 677
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
hdrider07
Regular Contributor

Re: LVNV IS THE DEBULL!!! Advice needed on filing complaint with BBB

I would first send them a DV and wait to see if they respond, if you get no response then I would file a complaint with the BBB.

Message 2 of 12
jharrison
Established Member

I just filed a complaint yesterday with the BBB. They placed an account on my credit yesterday that was just removed last week. it was an imagine card that was included in the FDIC lawsuit. I have a letter from FDIC that states that account was recalled and the balance was cancelled and all the bureaus were ask to delete the imagine tradeline. Im so mad at LVNV. They already have an account they placed in Dec 2011 for First Premier that is scheduled to drop off in Sept of this year. Hope it gets deleted ASAP

Message 3 of 12
destiny36912
New Contributor

The first premier card I'm disputing is with LVNV also. It is not slated to come off until next year. I was trying to see what I could do to get this removed earlier. They haven't responded to debt validations.. they never do from what I've read and experienced myself. I'm going to try the BBB and see where it gets me. It's past the SOL, so I don't have anything to lose.

Message 4 of 12
jharrison
Established Member

TU deleted the LVNV/First Premier but EQ and EXP will not ,they only updated...I went ahead and added that complaint also. So now I have 2 complaints with BBB concerning LVNV. BBB emailed me today saying they sent both complaints to LVNV and waiting on their response. I also disputed with the credit bureaus today.

Message 5 of 12
destiny36912
New Contributor

Jharrison, Did you get a response?

Message 6 of 12
jharrison
Established Member

Yes I did, early last week I got the letters saying they closed the accounts and wil be deleting. I'm just waiting for them to delete from my reports
Message 7 of 12
destiny36912
New Contributor

Congratulations! I just sent in my disputes to the BBB and awaiting a response..I hope it gets deleted. LVNV reported the account incorrectly

Message 8 of 12
howiez28
New Contributor

I just filed a complaint with LVNV through the BBB yesterday.  They have never responded to any of my DV letters.  Will let know you the outcome.

Message 9 of 12
destiny36912
New Contributor

I received a response and they are going to remove the item from my credit report.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.