Established Member
chromatech

LVNV- Lawyer- "Agency Payment"

I did a DV to an attorney for LVNV back in August and finally received half of the validation.  They pretty much sent me photocopies of all of my previous bills with the OC (Best Buy).

I am fairly confident I stopped making any sort of regular payment back in '05, and maybe one or two late payments in Jan/Feb 06.  They are showing a July payment on the account as an "agency payment."

Someone please help me determine what this agency payment is, and how I can continue to fight LVNV and their pathetic ways.

Thanks 

Moderator Emeritus

Re: LVNV- Lawyer- "Agency Payment"

Is "Agency Payment" showing on the copy of the bills directly from Best Buy?

When did the CA get this account? Is the OC reporting a balance?

While I've never experienced this before, I have to wonder, if that is showing on the Best Buy account information, if that is not the payment received from the CA when purchasing the account, if they did purchase it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Valued Contributor
demed

chromatech wrote:

I did a DV to an attorney for LVNV back in August and finally received half of the validation.  They pretty much sent me photocopies of all of my previous bills with the OC (Best Buy).

I am fairly confident I stopped making any sort of regular payment back in '05, and maybe one or two late payments in Jan/Feb 06.  They are showing a July payment on the account as an "agency payment."

Someone please help me determine what this agency payment is, and how I can continue to fight LVNV and their pathetic ways.

Thanks 

where is this payment showing?
Feb 08 550s - Oct 08 700s
Thank you MyFico!
Established Member
chromatech

This is showing in the section where they would normally show a payment.

Some of them say - check, -online payment.

The last payment made says -agency payment

Valued Contributor
demed

I would call Best Buy and ask them for clarifications.
Feb 08 550s - Oct 08 700s
Thank you MyFico!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+